Which kart chassis recommended?

walshmx

Hi guys
New to the kart scene. Buying first kart after doing some rental series races. I'm 39 and coming from motocross background. I'll be racing asphalt road course and my local track has a good turnout in Yamaha senior pipe.
I found two karts at the same price point. Similar ready to run models with low hour motors.
One is a Kosmic Mercury 09 model
One is Crg big al 2012 model.
Both look very clean and low hours. Is there an advantage to a newbie like me?
Thanks for the advice. I look forward to learning from you guys

Hello there, this forum is mainly oval guys so help for sprint guys are few and far in-between. As far as chassis goes, I think that CRG 'Big Al' is a cadet kart meant for children so I would not even think about buying that. The Kosmic Kart brand shares the same parts as the popular Tony Kart..... which are called 'OTK' parts, so if you need parts for your Kosmic kart, OTK parts are plenty. Important thing is to make sure the chassis is straight and check on the bottom kart to see if it's still clean or if it's been grounded down. A bent chassis will give you alot of headaches so just make sure the frame is straight.

So, get that Komsic kart since the CRG kart is a 'cadet kart' and meant for children.

Back