Whiteland Raceway in Indiana...Starting gear suggestion

racingman

I'm hoping someone can give me a starting gear for the Whiteland Raceway track in Indiana. There is a WKA event coming up and we've never traveled outside our club track. Excited and worried.

My 15 year old son will race in the JR division with a ROK VLR 100. We run a 10 gear on the front, but could by another if needed.

Any help from someone who has raced this track (and hopefully this class) is appreciated.

10-82 on Yamaha Senior Can turns right at 14000-14400 depending on the track for the day. Adjust accordingly.

Not sure why everyone is PM'ing. It's not a secret. Everyone ends up on the same gear within 3 teeth anyway.

3 teeth is substantial at times. I can remember a couple of times when 2 or 3 teeth made a big difference. And that's with the McCullough, with only a 4000 RPM range. A long track with long long straightaways and a long track with short straightaways, it made a difference, a substantial difference. Air density makes a substantial difference from day-to-day, sometimes within the same day. It's something you should keep track of!! There are times when you can go the whole day and the air density will hardly change it all, maybe a quarter or a half a point. But there are days when they can change 5 – 7 points during the day. From morning to afternoon or from afternoon to evening. People scoff at the notion that air density can make a difference, but trust me, it does.

10-82 on Yamaha Senior Can turns right at 14000-14400 depending on the track for the day. Adjust accordingly.

Not sure why everyone is PM'ing. It's not a secret. Everyone ends up on the same gear within 3 teeth anyway.
Everyone???? I pm'ed because while I didn't know, won't give out incorrect info, I knew someone who did. I didn't want to put his personal info on a post. He is not a member of Bob's

Everyone???? I pm'ed because while I didn't know, won't give out incorrect info, I knew someone who did. I didn't want to put his personal info on a post. He is not a member of Bob's
Roger that. But, yes, typically everyone is going to wind up in a very narrow range on gearing here.

Back