Who has bought RUSH Motors

If I find someplace there's no way in the future i'm going to talk it up until the season's half over. I'll be down talking it every day until my points title is locked in and then I'll tell everyone how great it is and how it will grow and grow.

totally serious about this and it is my last post on it until I have the points locked up somewhere, I can't find a track to do it or some rich guy has me locked out of the points championship.

racing is racing and it's all about 1st place with nobody ever remembering who came in as the first looser

edit: If i'm the only one there and they let me race/get seat time each race i'll even support the track and the series by donating money to cover the cost of my leather season champion jacket. That is as long as the winning info is put on the back of the jacket so everyone in the stands behind me will see I was a points champ one year.

I assume your talking running the adult class? We have sold 4 engines for the adults as of now . They will be competing mainly at stateline and Pittsfield. You can contact us for more info. Thanks jay

Shaffers just announced certain classes (rookie, junior and stock) now have to use a predator they are sealing themselves at a cost of $250.

So if you run a predator at another track, cant run it there, need their $250 engine, if buy the $250 engine there and want to run another track, someone can claim it for less than $250. I guess you could refuse the claim, be banned from that track. I think every track should sell their own sealed predators, everyone wants their own rules anyway, so problem solved

Update: They are dyno tuned to be equal and they will have motors to rent for $25/night. We will likely try it a few nights on a rental motor and report back. I mean, versus the Rush deal it's a heck of a lot better, but it makes the motor limited to just there, so not a fan myself. Just too many rule sets for a single state, or even that part of the state.

It's a fine move for $125, not $250.

They have to acquire the engines and pay tax on the on sale $99 engine. At $125 they'd only make about $15 for their time or what he has to pay someone to do it. In today's world $115 isn't too much to give someone to do an engine.

I doubt anyone at another track is going to claim an engine sealed for Shaffer's track.
Will other tracks let you use them? why not?

They run or did run on Wednesday nights and it looked like a fun thing with about the only complaining heard about who's done what to the engine. It looked to me like a tight friendly group of people there to have fun and all wanting to win. I went there to watch every night all season I think before I became ill. I didn't see a bunch of travelers come and go. I think because it is what it is those who race there will pony up for an engine.

I'd also bet if someone especially a rookie has to quit there because they in truth, with no bul and has raced there beforel can't afford the $250, someone will pony up for them to race. It's a fun place and who ain't going to if at all possible let the $250 keep them away?

... now $650 that's another thing and common now it's Tim Shaffer's track in his backyard on a Wednesday night go play and go home early, not Vickey.

If I find someplace there's no way in the future i'm going to talk it up until the season's half over. I'll be down talking it every day until my points title is locked in and then I'll tell everyone how great it is and how it will grow and grow.

totally serious about this and it is my last post on it until I have the points locked up somewhere, I can't find a track to do it or some rich guy has me locked out of the points championship.

racing is racing and it's all about 1st place with nobody ever remembering who came in as the first looser

edit: If i'm the only one there and they let me race/get seat time each race i'll even support the track and the series by donating money to cover the cost of my leather season champion jacket. That is as long as the winning info is put on the back of the jacket so everyone in the stands behind me will see I was a points champ one year.
so

Last edited:
Update: They are dyno tuned to be equal and they will have motors to rent for $25/night. We will likely try it a few nights on a rental motor and report back. I mean, versus the Rush deal it's a heck of a lot better, but it makes the motor limited to just there, so not a fan myself. Just too many rule sets for a single state, or even that part of the state.

That's not bad 10 races = $250

Because racers often show up late racing anywhere it probably wouldn't work but:

Maybe bring your speck = engines to the track not mounted on the kart and draw lots for who uses what engine and you take home what ever you raced. Except who ever rented a motor leaves their motor at the track when they leave.

The how are the motors detuned to become equal is a great question.
You couldn't or it would be very hard to tune lesser engines up to be equal.

I guess you could tune up or modify them up to be equal too.
That makes the question are they tuned down or tuned up to become equal and what is the standard hp their set to per the dyno used?
It doesn't matter if there all the same whether they are tuned up or down to be equal.
Maybe there just thrown on the dyno after doing what ever your going to do to them and if what your dynoing comes close then seal them.
How close are they per the dyno?
Do some dyno's give you better numbers then others?
If dyno readings normally drop down during extended use and have to be recalibrated, might an engine after calibration be a little bit better depending on if the engines are tuned up to be equal or tuned down to be equal?

... sorry had too much coffee and after looking again at the thread have a ton of questions. sorry but maybe there ok questions anyway?

It really doesn't matter because the likelihood is who ever has the best attendance and is best at it racing overall on track and off is going to win anyway.

It would be great to know who the 4 are who bought engines to race at the two tracks and especially helpful to know if in the past racing they had a good attendance record.

They have to acquire the engines and pay tax on the on sale $99 engine. At $125 they'd only make about $15 for their time or what he has to pay someone to do it. In today's world $115 isn't too much to give someone to do an engine.

I doubt anyone at another track is going to claim an engine sealed for Shaffer's track.
Will other tracks let you use them? why not?

They run or did run on Wednesday nights and it looked like a fun thing with about the only complaining heard about who's done what to the engine. It looked to me like a tight friendly group of people there to have fun and all wanting to win. I went there to watch every night all season I think before I became ill. I didn't see a bunch of travelers come and go. I think because it is what it is those who race there will pony up for an engine.

I'd also bet if someone especially a rookie has to quit there because they in truth, with no bul and has raced there beforel can't afford the $250, someone will pony up for them to race. It's a fun place and who ain't going to if at all possible let the $250 keep them away?

... now $650 that's another thing and common now it's Tim Shaffer's track in his backyard on a Wednesday night go play and go home early, not Vickey.
I'm assuming they have linkage setups on the rentals at least... Assuming we have school, my 8 yr old can only compete in the summer so rental is our best option... Already have 2 predators and a clone... Don't need another engine rack in my 6' wide trailer

Back