Who has the best Pro Clone on the market AKRA

Where should I go to buy the best pro clone on the market, tell me who has the best and why you think they are the best.

OH Boy , I can't wait to C these posts ...

Attachments

• bologna2.jpg
    bologna2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 230
The best.... Tough question to answer as there are many great ones out there. As a builder myself I would recommend someone close to you that can support your chassis and tire program well. I don't care who the builder is... If the shoes are not correct for the application the best engine on the market will look like a on the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I know its a loaded question. I'm from southwest La I only know one builder in a 100 mile radius, So if I gotta have one shipped any way might as well go out and look and hope I can make the shoes bite

U can't go wrong with any of those suggestions . Let me add Arc racing , Lewis Stout and Barry Young . But I would pick a builder that races or knows your track .

Some think just cause they have a fancy sticker on the motor that they are getting the best of the best. Guarantee you the regular saturday night racer that calls these big names are getting run of the mill engines. Good engines but not hand picked best parts.

Go with someone you trust and that will help you beyond the sale of a motor.

Chad Porginski Racing makes some of the best motors around. We've had flat heads, animals, blockzilla, and clones from him and all of them were front runners with tons of power.

Something to remember... Conversation overheard at the track between a top engine builder and a Richie Rich racer. Richie Rich had done as Richie Richs do and bought several motors in particular on this he'd bought one from this top builder and one from a newbie builder (who was getting good advice from said top builder). Well newbie's motor is outperforming the top builder and Richie Rich wants to know why.

Top builder's classic answer:

"I'd hope he could build a better motor than I can. I build 5-8 a day, he builds 2 a week."

Moral:

Time is the crucial element in producing a great motor. If you have a good general knowledge and access to good data acquisition, the more time you have the better your motor will be.

Approach a kart owner whose kart is OBVIOUSLY very good, and FAST.
Pay him whatever he wants, to sell you that motor, right off the kart.
Engine problem solved.
Now you get to face the reality of how to create a fast kart, without the weak excuse that the other guys
are cheating, or your motor is not good enough, or all those other excuses losers use.

Approach a kart owner whose kart is OBVIOUSLY very good, and FAST.
Pay him whatever he wants, to sell you that motor, right off the kart.
Engine problem solved.
Now you get to face the reality of how to create a fast kart, without the weak excuse that the other guys
are cheating, or your motor is not good enough, or all those other excuses losers use.

What Paul said. Also, if that isn't possible, find a builder who specializes in Clones AND Carburetors as that is IMO where you will make you best HP gain. With restricted classes ( spec carbs ), any little advantage in Carb setup / flow will make a difference. Stout might just be that guy .....

All great choices. I use Bartlett Power. The main thing Ive found is tires tires tires. Great engine no tire program is a ball buster. Great tires and a middle of the road engine will get you wins

I think threads that have who's the BEST in the question, no matter if it's Motor, Tires, Chassis, are useless but IF your gonna answer HOW could you leave X-Caliber out.

Back