Who has the best Pro Clone on the market AKRA

I think threads that have who's the BEST in the question, no matter if it's Motor, Tires, Chassis, are useless but IF your gonna answer HOW could you leave X-Caliber out.

I agree, the Excaliber engines dominate at tracks all around the country against the best....cant go wrong with the Youngs

cke really got us up on our game and he has without a doubt the best customer service you can text him at anytime day or night he will respond

Any one of about 25 builders in the SE.
The motor builder whos engines have won the most money this year isn't even mentioned, and there 2 different ones...JRE and P&P.

I think you could go through 10 maybe 20 engines before you get a good casting for a fast engine any engine builder will tell you that but with the fastest engine if your shoes (the kart) isn't set up right you will go no where.

Best engine builder out there is yourself . You can buy the same parts they get , and then you can learn what is good and what is not working . You can get a head and carb combo from Voss or Jimmy Rivers or even Dover . Buy some tech tools , such as the height gauges and no-go stuff , a wheel to check cam , and some feeler gauges and a hone to square up the bore some . Get a rule book also . I am not knocking the builders out there , they have dyno's and all the fancy gadgets that they use , but to keep the costs down , you can do a lot by learning it yourself . You can build a good engine that lasts by using stock type rings that you file down or even low tension rings . But if you have to have an engine from a builder , make sure he is asking you the right questions as to what you want , and that you get the answers to the questions you are asking . Some builders don't like to tell you information , some do . Just remember , some , not all builders , only build engines to last only so many races before you have to ship it back to be freshened up . This is just my opinion as far as the best builder , but as stated above , setup and tires win more races than engines do .

Common knowledge to some maybe, Jamie, but there's been a huge turn-over in karting as of late with lots of new people jumping into karting this year alone.
I've seen several posts from the distant past renewed on here lately. Much of the older information is still relevant, it's all good. :)

Common knowledge to some maybe, Jamie, but there's been a huge turn-over in karting as of late with lots of new people jumping into karting this year alone.
I've seen several posts from the distant past renewed on here lately. Much of the older information is still relevant, it's all good. :)
May be, but how many current posts say the same thing?

Someone is always a smarty pants, when the new guy has a question

Last edited by a moderator:
P&P/Johnathan cash engine won the insane one race a few years ago so that says something, and I understand it’s more to winning then just having a great motor but idc how good your “tire program” or “setup” is if your engine isn’t within a certain percentage of power of your competitors then nothing else matters, as many have stated on here it’s the whole package that wins.

Back