Who is still on the Deuce?

hotrod92

If you are still on the deuce, what are your numbers? how are you working the tires? Having more success with older or fresh tires? I am trying to hear the positive things on them.

With the Deuce you need lower nose ( can't go over 45.5 % ), and If left is to high it will push( even super heavy can't go over 60% ), For Sr Clone 350lb 44.8 % nose, 64 % cross, 58.5 % left, then tires need A LOT more bite like twice as much as for the recon, as far as fresh or older that's track dependent key is enough bite in the tires, bottom line there little more finicky but you get them right they will flat out get it done.

With the Deuce you need lower nose ( can't go over 45.5 % ), and If left is to high it will push( even super heavy can't go over 60% ), For Sr Clone 350lb 44.8 % nose, 64 % cross, 58.5 % left, then tires need A LOT more bite like twice as much as for the recon, as far as fresh or older that's track dependent key is enough bite in the tires, bottom line there little more finicky but you get them right they will flat out get it done.

What prep would you recommend to get the needed bite?

I have a ‘19 deuce that I’m trying to get dialed in for super heavy with a flathead on dirt. (Snydersville & Shellhammers) are the numbers mentioned above a good starting point for super heavy? I’ve had an issue lately where it would push bad exiting the corner but I found out that the castor blocks were on the wrong holes. The LF was set to the forward position and the RF was set to the rear position, I swapped them so the RF was on the forward hole and the LF was on the rear hole and it made a big improvement but I would like to get it back on the scales. I do like how this chassis has a ton of adjustability!

I’m gonna try to get it on the scales before the weekend and see where I’m at and try to get these numbers. Right now my kids icon is on the scales who runs jr sportsman (10 years old 285 lbs in the kart with animal blue plate) and found that there was 68% cross in it. I seen other posts on here about how to set the LR pills on the 1/8 hole down on the bottom hole in the chassis. I made that change today but the kid was at football practice so I will do that tomorrow. If anyone has any input on the icon setup for a jr driver let me know!

Back