Who made this cam

Actually those cams are very, very clever.
What someone did there, is take the "stem" of a race cam (notice the ground out clearance between the lobes) and they adapted a stock nylatron gear to it.
The featherweight gear in face DOES contribute to lower lap times.
I did a cam like that, but without the nylatron gear and lightened the gear....then used it on my so called "Wankel Biter".

I have not seen the nylatron gear ever subjected to race conditions.....but I can tell you that nylatron is tough, resistant to wear material.

When the present projects are finished I will most certainly create a cam, done up this way, and check for it's wear properties.

Props to whoever made up those cams. .......Paul Doss (PD Power)

Fast Eddie,
If you'd like to know exactly what you have there, send one, or all the cams. I'll profile it for you, tell you what you've got there.....and it's best use.....and return it to you....No charge.
PDoss

This cam came out of a open briggs with big valves and a old horstman stroker crank, this motor was prob built in the late 80's early ninetys, Im wondering if this was something maybe Jerry Gould made.... Maybe ill give him a call or se him this weekend

I replace many of the nylon gears in GM products in the 70's and 80's when they came apart and chunks of it went into the oil pan.
More than one thing could happen as a result of this.
It could jump time and if you were lucky it would stop running.
If you were not so lucky it would plug the pick up for the oil pump.
If you were really unlucky a piece of plastic would get past the oil pump screen and lock up the oil pump.
If you were really super naughty and needed to be punished for your sins a piece of plastic would get past the oil pump in one of the oil passages of the engine.
I never replace the timing gears with a nylon gear. I always used steel gears.
Usually you had to jack up the engine to remove the oil pan and clean out the plastic chunks.
I had a flat head Ford V8 in a Crosley that had a plastic gear in it. It broke too.
The plastic used today is much better than it was.

Back