Who makes oval bodies that fit sprint karts?

Hobby87

Have an older euro sprint kart that we are going to use for a few dirt races, looking to replace the CIK body with a oval body. Curious who all makes noses or complete bodies made for straight rail/sprint chassis? I see that M&M has the pro series available for straight rails, anyone else?

Thanks, Matt

I see both are plastic, so which one holds up better? I have never used the Gman but have seen the M&M pro series break rather easily along the mated seam on the front edge of the nose.

Thanks, Matt

Hobby, I used the M&M tough nose on my straight rail (rugged, not like the plastic pro series). Loved it. Sure, it is offset to one side, but if you think about it, so is the driver in a Euro kart (just not as much as an LTO).

I probably am not going to explain this well, but I will try. After talking to them up there, the driver portion (top part) of the straight rail nose is actually just narrower on the left side to make it even. It is the same dimensions on the right. That is what made me think it would be fine on my sprint kart. I loved it. Send me a PM with your email or phone number and I will send you some pictures of it mounted.

Fatboy, what you said makes sense. So in this case, your right leg/foot is not limited on space because it is the same dimension as the straight rail design, for the right side, only difference is the left side on the LTO body kit is narrower. That raises a 2nd issue though, then the overall width of the LTO nose is narrower than the straight rail nose? which means excess trimming due to the wider track width of the straight rail...

Thanks, Matt

Sorry for the hard explanation, but let me try again. The left side on an LTO nose has more room for your left leg built into the driver section. They are the same overall width. The "wing" over the LF tire is shorter to make up the difference. That is why your bodywork kits have a smaller piece on the left side vs a wider piece on the right side when attaching them to the nose. For a sprint nose, they are both wider.

Think of it this way. LTO vs Sprint:
When looking from the bottom, they look exactly the same.
When looking from the side, they look the same.
When looking from the front/back, the top section (tall section) is wider on the offset noses to cover more towards the driver's left leg.

Hope this helps. Again, this is not true for all noses, but is my personal experience with M&M noses (which I love).

Back