Who makes the new Restrictor plates ?

Carlson, look again. There are pictures of 5 restrictors on page 32 out of 57 pages and two look to be funneled. The top of the page says "Animal After-Market Parts". And the description of each restrictor states "Animal" in each part number. I know what flathead restrictors look like but mine that have been sitting in my toolbox for 30 years are not funneled. If the info is wrong, blame Sox, not me!

I'm not blaming anyone!
Just stated that there are NO animal restrictor plates on page 32 that you linked to.
Those are IKF flathead plates that are pictured (regardless of the description.) Yes, they are funneled.
I've been building WKA & IKF plate flatheads for 30+ years, I think I know what I'm looking at. :)

I fully agree that the plates are flathead plates by looking at the bolt hole locations after looking at the plates better. I still have two of the unflared restrictors in a toolbox of old flathead parts. Never went by IKF rules when we raced flatheads. Also, never ran animals with plates so did not know what they actually looked like (only the different slides). Google is my friend so I now know what I would be looking at. Sorry. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Back