Who makes these and are parts available?

Billiam

Hello I’m just wondering if anyone knows who makes these and if parts are available or not. The bead breaker portion is really tight to screw and unscrew, bought it cheap (now I know why) but would like to know if I can buy parts for it or do I just try to make what I need.
Thanks..

Attachments

• IMG_4920.jpeg
    IMG_4920.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4919.jpeg
    IMG_4919.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 94
Long time since I saw one of these . Its quick .
Once set , you put the handle in and press it down, correct ?
Touch up the threads with a three corner file .
Split the nut on one side with a narrow disc cutter or drill and tap for grease zero or oiling hole .
A dash of never seize might even cure it .
Parts find would be doubtful.

I would try, in this order, PB Blaster, soak, unscrew, coat bolt portion with never-seize, run a standard nut up and down a few times, remove standard nut, re- never-seize, re-install bead breaker portion. I just sold one of these a couple of weeks ago, but mine unscrewed fine...perhaps yours got cross-threaded somehow? if I were to build one, I'd have a sleeved portion with holes instead of threaded rod, but the rod offers more fine adjustment...

To fix it, probably acme rod and corresponding bolt. To repair it, tap/die/file and never-seize. Imagine the load being placed on the threads.

Or no threads, cross drill and pin for nominal size wheels.

I have never seen one so maybe it would not work, but if the "nut" was held stationary on the top cross member and the theaded portion stuck up with a hex end an impact gun could be used to run it down.

You adjust the ring up and down on the rod . The hinge is at the top between the two rails . You can barely make out the handle in top right on second picture.
Pretty neat setup actually.

I see now. That is pretty neat. Might be a next winter project. I have plenty of scrap metal for a couple of tries.

I was thinking it worked like a hydraulic press one, but manually operated. Didn't realize that was a handle.

I bought mine because it had no fluid to leak out, no seals to worry about,. and was quick and cheap to operate... I wish it had more of a fulcrum length on the actuation side, but I think 3/4" movement would be sufficient. I seem to recall mine having closer to 3/8, but it did break the bead when I needed it to.

Back