Who sells a whole tire?????

racer11x

Who sells a tire that isn't half cut away and cost more like the MAXXIS? Is Dunlop or Vega a full tire?

Race on,
Kelso

Maxxis are full rubber unless someone cuts them. Vega has 2 different yellows, a thick rubber and a low rubber, along with a red low rubber. Dunlop, do not know.

Just to add with what Earl has said, Vega also has a white compound that has the same thickness as the thick Yellow. It has a compound structure between the Yellow and red vega.....

Burris are all "thick" rubber. Hoosier has a few "thick" rubber tires. Ditto on Vega offering thick rubber versions. The problem is that it is almost always faster to have thick rubber tires cut thin.
If you're just concerned about longevity, consider a spec or "club" tire that is hard as a rock and full rubber (Burris 55 comes to mind) and don't cut it.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Dunlops are thicker than almost any other tire I have run.

I have a buddy selling some used dunlops cheap, PM if interested.

Maxxis are full rubber unless someone cuts them. Vega has 2 different yellows, a thick rubber and a low rubber, along with a red low rubber. Dunlop, do not know.

Maxxis used to sell a full rubber tire but according to the Kart shop all they provide now is low rubber.
I have a set of Vegas full rubber yellows and sure like the way they take prep over the Maxxis.

JMO

Back