Whoda thought headlight replacement

flattop1

Dawg 89
Light out on one side simple fix.
Spring nuts on plastic of an 800.00 dollar headlight bucket from the scrap yard , that's a gaurentee of failure.

Then you try to get a modern unibody vehicle up on Jack stannds that's an hour or two wasted.
Racing kart engine 1500.00 sure 8 bills for a headlight not today---:)

Attachments

• IMG_20180918_171610.jpg
    IMG_20180918_171610.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 58
I have a 2003 Ford Escape in the whole front body work has to come off to change the lights whatever happened to a screwdriver and a couple of bulbs and you were done

Modern engineering..
isn't the idea of modern engineering to make things better?

old way a screw driver and a bulb that cost $7 takes 10 min.s
new way use every tool in your box watch several you tube videos buy a light that can cost from $100 to $1000 and takes all day

isn't the idea of modern engineering to make things better?

old way a screw driver and a bulb that cost $7 takes 10 min.s
new way use every tool in your box watch several you tube videos buy a light that can cost from $100 to $1000 and takes all day

The idea works better from a manufacturing standpoint. Everything snaps together. Order of assembly is a small change on the assembly line.
No thought is given to replacement in the field. Besides, we're supposed to throw away and get new before replacement is necessary. Lol

Help : the problem has returned .
the light change worked for a while , now its back too intermittent .
thought I had it when wiggling wires under the dash but that wont repeat itself so I don't think that's it .
leave car run for 5 minutes the light may come on and stay on or it will come on and go out.
seems no amount of jiggling wiggling bumping will cause it to light just dumb luck .
it has the hid lights.
any solutions ?

Help : the problem has returned .
the light change worked for a while , now its back too intermittent .
thought I had it when wiggling wires under the dash but that wont repeat itself so I don't think that's it .
leave car run for 5 minutes the light may come on and stay on or it will come on and go out.
seems no amount of jiggling wiggling bumping will cause it to light just dumb luck .
it has the hid lights.
any solutions ?
with hid lights very finicky with voltage drop.i had on motor cycle .once it turned out to be bulb it would flicker until warm
replaced bulb fixed.next time it happened same bulb it was bulb electronic driver.big money both times got smart went to
LED bulbso_Oo_O

with hid lights very finicky with voltage drop.i had on motor cycle .once it turned out to be bulb it would flicker until warm
replaced bulb fixed.next time it happened same bulb it was bulb electronic driver.big money both times got smart went to
LED bulbso_Oo_O
I looked at this option they claimed it would not interchange .
I dont mind splicing some wires just not interested in burning up a bunch of computer stuff i cant see or fix .
Dash work sucks .

I just changed one in a VW CC Took about 10minutes But the bulb was $146.00
But the Bright side was Advance auto gave me a 25% discount, Then I got a $10 dollar rebate. Then $10.00 off of my next purchase at Advance Auto.

Back