wholesale

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
are there any other wholesale kart supply shops other then target distribution? OR are you dealers buying from parts MFG at wholesale?
PM please if you don't want to share your info for the world to see

Many larger kart shops offer dealer packages, they all have a different buy in.
Checkered flag and Palmetto is who id try first, with a nod towards Checkered

That depends on your definition of "wholesale" also.
Most shops (big and small) offer a "discount" for volume sales. Some have a "buy-in" or "club" that costs additional.
Some require a business license, which you legally should have if you are buying to resell anyhow.
Unfortunately, you'd be surprised at just how slim the margins are on most products in karting.
We used to have a pretty solid dealer network of up to 13 shops that we supplied with our product lines, but they've come and gone over the years. Currently, we offer the same product at the same price to everyone, with specific levels of price breaks based on quantity.
We still have a few guys that buy things like our tire preps, magnetic drain plugs, etc in larger quantities so they can save a few bucks and share the product with their buddies. Gone are the days of every small shop being dealers for a specific chassis and their favorite engine builder.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

thanks for the early morning input guys. the tax id is not an issue. I've been buying from the same few places for a while now, none are interested in any deals. between them I've dropped $4500 last year (taxes paid at purchase) in turn over sales with little to show for it other then building repore with local kart and minibike guys. doesn't appear that target carries many of the parts i want or possibility exists that not everything is listed for all to see. i'm holding my first $500-$1000 purchase for the year.. looking to change supply chains.

Thank you everyone for your input both via here and PM's. the ball is rolling now.. Have my first $2000 order in. Parts should be packed on the shelf by early next week.. Happy that most of it already has buyers. NOW... looking for someone who wants to deal on chassis !!

Back