Why aren't Champ Karts more popular?

Wing karts run on Saturday night, with NASCAR at Langley in Virginia. The rest of the karts run either Friday or Sunday.
Yes, Wing karts are popular at Langley. Now contrary to popular believe even if they have a cage the worst wrecks at Langley are on wing karts though. Miss racing 2 strokes there on Sundays with my late friend Troy Blanton. 1st track I raced in the States back in 2000.

i was just talking to several guys at the track about this, this weekend. Champ Karts definitely need more HP behind them.
My daughter was turning 18 second lap times over 65 mph on a 1/3 mile dirt oval with her Rage Champ kart. Whats not fun about that? Lol.

You are running a full blown mod engine in a champ.
The majority of champ classes are stock engines.
You were being a little disingenuous.
My daughter runs an open class so yeah, everyone is running built methanol motors. Anyone one that wants to come to Michigan and race open champ class is welcome. This is our first year running karts in our spare time. We run Jr Dragsters full time. So we know meth motors pretty well. And that Predator in my daughters Kart is no joke for sure.

My daughter runs an open class so yeah, everyone is running built methanol motors. Anyone one that wants to come to Michigan and race open champ class is welcome. This is our first year running karts in our spare time. We run Jr Dragsters full time. So we know meth motors pretty well. And that Predator in my daughters Kart is no joke for sure.
Like I said my comment was based on stock classes which the overwhelming majority in champ karts run, it wasn't till the clones took of that our fuel switched to gasoline, for almost 20 years before today's engine we ran the flathead which ran on methanol.
The simple design of the engine forced us to change the oil every time it came off the track.
Yes we ran special lubricant for methanol engines.
95% of this website are stock class racers, who have to run in a pretty tight set of rules.
No thanks on Michigan, I didn't leave anything when I left.
For all out speed UAS rules are the way to go, the big 4strokes make me grin.

Like I said my comment was based on stock classes which the overwhelming majority in champ karts run, it wasn't till the clones took of that our fuel switched to gasoline, for almost 20 years before today's engine we ran the flathead which ran on methanol.
The simple design of the engine forced us to change the oil every time it came off the track.
Yes we ran special lubricant for methanol engines.
95% of this website are stock class racers, who have to run in a pretty tight set of rules.
No thanks on Michigan, I didn't leave anything when I left.
For all out speed UAS rules are the way to go, the big 4strokes make me grin.
Please elaborate of the UAS rules. Is it champ kart racing? We also run oil made just for meth/alky motors. Flat heads are different for sure. We change the oil in the Jr Dragster Blockzilla every 8-10 passes. Sounds like more rules takes the fun out of it a little.

Please elaborate of the UAS rules. Is it champ kart racing? We also run oil made just for meth/alky motors. Flat heads are different for sure. We change the oil in the Jr Dragster Blockzilla every 8-10 passes. Sounds like more rules takes the fun out of it a little.
Unlimited All Stars are all open karts.
In UAS there are many engines my favorite is the 450 4 stroke engines.
For stock class the rules force you to rely on setup knowledge, and tires because all the engines have to fit in the rules, and limited hp, to me its more fun.
We deal with stupid rules now, more than we ever have
img_1_1687228807073.jpg

You seem to run a track specific class. Most champ kart classes run lo206, animal or clone rules( depending upon what part of the country nka or akra). That is why I suggested you leave your clone alone for this reason. There are several nice uas style karts in the for sale section of the RWYB. You seem to already have several sbo( small block open) engines and if you are serious about kart racing I would be looking at getting a flat chassis. The champ karts seem to be quite popular in the northeast if you are wanting stiff competition in Champs though.

You seem to run a track specific class. Most champ kart classes run lo206, animal or clone rules( depending upon what part of the country nka or akra). That is why I suggested you leave your clone alone for this reason. There are several nice uas style karts in the for sale section of the RWYB. You seem to already have several sbo( small block open) engines and if you are serious about kart racing I would be looking at getting a flat chassis. The champ karts seem to be quite popular in the northeast if you are wanting stiff competition in Champs though.
Flat Karts are super popular up here. Especially at Owosso Motorsports Park. Champs are pretty much obsolete except for two tracks that run youth and adult open classes. Most are guys that used to run full size dirt Late Models or modifieds. I like the treaded tires also. I would have to try a flat Kart in order for it to grow on me.

Flat Karts are super popular up here. Especially at Owosso Motorsports Park. Champs are pretty much obsolete except for two tracks that run youth and adult open classes. Most are guys that used to run full size dirt Late Models or modifieds. I like the treaded tires also. I would have to try a flat Kart in order for it to grow on me.
Here's one of the 450 UAS karts

Back