Why doesn’t Phantom win?

I love the "well everyone is on them so of course they win" argument. Well, considering they (PRC) build a fast, quality product, of course a lot of people were on them. They certainly didn't give them away for free, they sold them based on performance.

There is no such thing as a "tire sensitive" chassis. There are karts that are fast and ones that aren't. Fast karts are "tire sensitive". Slow karts are not.

I love my minecon, I love PRC's customer service, I love their online store....the thing I don't like...their prices are maybe getting a little high on parts/pieces....like almost $80 for a front spindle (that seems to bend rather easy imo), about $220 for 3 pieces of painted fiberglass (body) amongst other things....🤓

IMO.......Phantoms performance fell off after they quit making the Triton. I though, surely after many failed attempts to better the performance of the Triton with several models, they would go back to it, call it the Triton "Replay" or something like that......I would if I were them, IMO they would sell out of 'em!

I said it first so.....If this happens.....I want my cut! lol
Because there customer service sucks.every time u ask something they say its out of date,this that and another.yry to sell ya a new chassis.i called and asked about setting up a kart and they said well we dont have any setup numbers to give u for what your wanting to do and we do not recommend it.in others we wont give u advice on that because we are afraid of a chance of lawsuit.but we will sell u a chassis for what your asking for.😂🤷🏻‍♂️

Did you bump your head?
If you're winning, that says your competition is suspect
What do you mean its true, you can't use 1/8 to 1 in of stagger for all tracks, Phantom, id start of with baseline except stagger and gearing, otherwise id be using the rest of the baseline then make adjustments if i have to

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-230053_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-230053_Samsung Notes.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean its true, you can't use 1/8 to 1 in of stagger for all tracks, Phantom, id start of with baseline except stagger and gearing, otherwise id be using the rest of the baseline then make adjustments if i have to
So you race a phantom champ kart?
Or are you still riding that chassis that isn't a phantom at all?
You do know a champ setup is different than a flat kart setup?

I don't really understand how phantom sucks..the components are good quality, the nexgen seats are comfy, they have floating gear hubs and xcel gears to help not scrub off horsepower, fully adjustable rear cassettes, the frame is going to be exactly built how it's supposed to be every single time since it's done by a computer..there's nothing that I can see that would make it perform anything other than better than karts that are built by hand.
You do know that most all karts are built by computer as well, except for the robotic welder?

So you race a phantom champ kart?
Or are you still riding that chassis that isn't a phantom at all?
You do know a champ setup is different than a flat kart setup?
I run a flat kart honestly i never knew they had a difference i just thought ypu would go with the basic dirt track lart racing setup/physics

So all I've seen so far is a lot of opinions and no facts. Where is the proof, the actual facts? Or is this the court of opinion? 🍿

Maybe I miss understood what I was told at the Phantom customer counter when I asked about a specific thing I thought the Triton chassis and the right rear brake brought to the ball game and the why of the next generation chassis beyond the Triton, but here goes.

The Triton was intended for the chassis to do a specific thing for you while racing and the brake on the right also helped.

The end of the triton was followed by a cut and dry Mary Jane standard kart chassis because at that time as it is now "Tires" are the name of the game.

Phantoms are quality parts and as much as possible precision made to be consistent.

When the Triton ended they took away the crutch for lesser skilled racers built into their chassis mainly for Junior racers.
If you don't understand on track problems, how tires need to work at all places around the track and how to adjust individual "tires" as needed or all tires together as a whole, your lost.

IMHO the reason Phantom needs to bring back the Triton and it's special help for young and mainly Junior racers is so those young and "Junior" racers continue to buy Phantom chassis as adults for themselves and their kids.

The only thing which got rid of the Triton was the importance of tires over the workings of your chassis.

By the way why have we not heard form the starter of this thread past the first post?

I have no doubts about PRC's quality and dedication. They set the standard and have changed the whole industry. Their quality rivals and sometimes exceeds the European sprint manufacturers. Can they, or have they ridden the momentum of a successful product? Yes, as does any manufacturer. But this is racing, where you have to stay on the bleeding edge or get pushed out of victory circle. As such, I have no doubt they're developing something as we idly chatter. There will always be contrarians who prefer the boutique "custom" brands -- I'm sometimes one of those. I don't think this thread serves to promote the sport, or encourage PRC's R&D....but I sure wouldn't be looking for a discount on your next purchase if I was you! :)
1638884913531.png

Just like total entries at kart tracks everything cycles up swings and down swings, when it's your turn for the down swing that's what you get.

Back