Why is there a quarter midget section?

slide4life

I have been using Bob's since we started racing karts in the early 2000's. When we changed over to run quarter midgets, I wondered why their wasn't a section on the website since their is a discussion section that covers the Honda, Animal and World formula motors that are legal for quarter midgets to run.

Not that it is always true, but in my experience QM and Kart people seem to go together like oil and water. We raced both when I was growing up and everywhere both groups were present there always seemed to be badmouthing and tension.

I would say they are closer to a kart than a champ with a motorcycle engine and a wing...called winged kart...

I just know from dealing with quarter midgets that there just isn't a lot of information on setup/chassis tuning. We bought the Steve Smith book but its always good to get feedback from other people.

I would say they are closer to a kart than a champ with a motorcycle engine and a wing...called winged kart...

winged outlaw karts aren't champs with wings. They are flat karts with a spring loaded cage. mine is an 05 avenger and I have built them on a 13 phase x, center force, and nemesis . 1/4 midgets are a totally different chassis and have suspension they only thing they have that's the same as a kart is tires and motor. they are closer to speedway midgets then karts.

Back