Wife said snowballs chance of letting me race again

When I wanted to get back into racing after some time off my wife told me I could only get into a Champ kart. Just for the getting upside down reason. Guess she was looking out for my own good.

Mine was lukewarm at best about me still racing at 66 years old, then I went upside down last week. Now Im wondering if Bobs 4 Cycle members can get a discount on those sky diving lessons.
I am 66, no way in hell am I able to turn anywhere near a competitive lap in a kart. I have also developed claustrophobia in recent years so I cannot use a full faced helmet..... All I really have to say is GOOD FOR YOU!

Mine was lukewarm at best about me still racing at 66 years old, then I went upside down last week. Now Im wondering if Bobs 4 Cycle members can get a discount on those sky diving lessons.
You may appreciate this. The year was about 1977 and my father was in the thick of track championship in late models at 3 tracks.

In feature at Tyler county speedway in WVA he comes off turn 4 right in front of where I am sitting, lapped traffic car is low and comes up on him. My dad ended up sliding on his driver's door all the way past the flag stand.

They get him out and after he tracks the guys car down on foot on the track. SEVERAL track officials "calm him down" and he and the car go to the pits and they load up to go home.

I am sitting in the back seat, my dad's driving and mom's riding shotgun. 10 minutes away from the track she lets out a heavy sigh then quietly says "well at least that's over"

My dad confused, asks what she's talking about. She says "well you always said if you ever flipped over you would quit racing"

I will never forget my dad's reply "I didn't flip over I was only on the door"

It was over a year before we went back to the track to see my dad race and he got real comfortable on the couch for several months lol

I am 64 be thinking about getting young wife about 100 pounds or less we could do outlaw rwyb no weight we all know a wife always knows how to drive better and the answer to every problem you don't .With my knowledge and her answers a winning combo. Also my ideas been known to wrong a couple times in my years on earth.lol

After breaking a couple of ribs the wife said no more driving for me, I said no problem lol
I'm not the driver

Attachments

• 20220902_160230.jpg
    20220902_160230.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 36
Back