Wiggy bar

Also useless on anything accept an Icon.
Other manufacturers produced them for the money and nothing else.
We offered one then advised against using them on our karts
not making any comment on its effectiveness but if anyone is looking for a wiggy bar it is an option.

What makes an Icon need it more than other chassis? Is it the way they built the chassis with the tubing when they produced them?
Thats a good question . I got plenty of answers . Nothing I really understood or could pin down . Something about binding the seat or swayback in the frame
rails .
Weight transfer comes too mind .
It should stiffen that area of the chassis .
So the seat bar must have been the wrong thickness , diameter or location is my guess . No one ever said that though .

From the waist back to the axle is "soft" left to right relative to the rest of the kart. The torsion and compression from the driver weight can bind the rear of the kart and cause transfer issues and axle binding. The wiggy bar can help with this.

From the waist back to the axle is "soft" left to right relative to the rest of the kart. The torsion and compression from the driver weight can bind the rear of the kart and cause transfer issues and axle binding. The wiggy bar can help with this.
if it was helpful in any way it would be on every new kart. like the dinosaur and the double wide clutch it has become extinct.

Soft . Okay soft for what reason ?
Chassis width ?
Seat bar position ?
Seat bar shape or thickness ?
Seat bar location ?

Last edited:
Not a design flaw, Just impossible to build a single chassis that can be equally fast for the kids plate classes all the way up to Super Sumo. Physics and especially Newton's laws get in the way. I have raced the Icon and Seraph. Both need the Wiggy bar for heavy drivers. 200 plus or so pounds. Nothing is needed for a driver who weighs less. Simple Answer.

Not a design flaw, Just impossible to build a single chassis that can be equally fast for the kids plate classes all the way up to Super Sumo. Physics and especially Newton's laws get in the way. I have raced the Icon and Seraph. Both need the Wiggy bar for heavy drivers. 200 plus or so pounds. Nothing is needed for a driver who weighs less. Simple Answer.
Funny icon is the only chassis that benefits from it.
It wasn't released UNTIL many struggled, Mike Dickerson put Icon stickers on his Phenom.
Wiggly bar released and bam the flaw was fixed

if it was helpful in any way it would be on every new kart. like the dinosaur and the double wide clutch it has become extinct.
It was chassis specific. The Icon was very rigid from the front of the seat forward and it had a "lazy" transfer load path from the lr the right side of the kart. There maybe other kart like this but Phantom offered this as a way to combat this issue during that time 09'-11'. When the Icon was the premiere Phantom chassis it was a tool that many used to help tune with. Since then it has not been something that is necessary.

Soft . Okay soft for what reason ?
Chassis width ?
Seat bar position ?
Seat bar shape or thickness ?
Seat bar location ?
It has to do with the whole configuration. The right frame rail has a single turn back located relatively close to the rf. The "hoop" or as i call it "compression zone" is long and forward. This makes the right front side frame rail stiff front to back. The front seat bar is forward relative to the lr. This configuration makes the left rear "soft" meaning it is slow to transfer off the lr. The Wiggy bar helped with this condition.

What makes an Icon need it more than other chassis? Is it the way they built the chassis with the tubing when they produced them?
It has to do with the whole configuration. The right frame rail has a single turn back located relatively close to the rf. The "hoop" or as i call it "compression zone" is long and forward. This makes the right front side frame rail stiff front to back. The front seat bar is forward relative to the lr. This configuration makes the left rear "soft" meaning it is slow to transfer off the lr. The Wiggy bar helped with this condition.

Back