Wild KT was closed so... UAS Rules?

"Unlimited" Really? Their rules are some of the most convoluted I've seen. Unlimited/Open/RWYB...let it be what it says. Age limit only.

"Unlimited" Really? Their rules are some of the most convoluted I've seen. Unlimited/Open/RWYB...let it be what it says. Age limit only.
The UAS was originated in 1990, it's grown Nation wide and supports it's own National title series.
32 years of growth and participation

Are there " Unlimited" "Open" or "RWYB" series any where that can demonstrate 1/10th the interest?

Just saying.

90% of the Rwyb races around here are won by legal UAS karts.

The Southern unlimited series was ran by the AL UAS Admin. We ran and won the points in both series for AL with the same UAS LEGAL kart.
Most that ran the series were legal UAS karts, the few that weren't generally weren't even in the hunt. Not to say that they can't be competitive, that's a whole different discussion.

BTW I'm not against RWYB or Open or Unlimited.
I support any form of kart racing including vintage.

Cr500 cases for crazy people. 🤪
20220911_165505.jpg

I've only seen one jack shaft CR500 make a few laps. I'd be interested to see someone get a solid engine together and see it really turn some good fast laps. Hopefully next year the guy here will have his back together, look forward to seeing how it holds up.

I've only seen one jack shaft CR500 make a few laps. I'd be interested to see someone get a solid engine together and see it really turn some good fast laps. Hopefully next year the guy here will have his back together, look forward to seeing how it holds up.
Yes I agree, I have all new parts to build a cr500 conversion, but not much knowledge on what ratios and tuning they'll like.
Just another learning curve should be fun.

It always seemed to me UAS had a great intention to be Unlimited..... until the realization that some drivers weighed 50-75 pounds less than they did. We had a nice small engine open package that crossed the scales at 305 pounds, specifically put together to be able to compete against the big motors (this series runs some pretty small tracks). Then they slapped a #375 weight minimum on the class. If this is the thinking, why not just have light/heavy classes like clones? Answer is the powers to be cross the scales at heavier weights. Ingenuity takes a back seat to just slapping a 75 h.p. or more engine on.

It always seemed to me UAS had a great intention to be Unlimited..... until the realization that some drivers weighed 50-75 pounds less than they did. We had a nice small engine open package that crossed the scales at 305 pounds, specifically put together to be able to compete against the big motors (this series runs some pretty small tracks). Then they slapped a #375 weight minimum on the class. If this is the thinking, why not just have light/heavy classes like clones? Answer is the powers to be cross the scales at heavier weights. Ingenuity takes a back seat to just slapping a 75 h.p. or more engine on.
Where is this? Reading the rules I don't see a 375lb minimum weight anywhere listed. It's all calculated by CC for the type of engine.

Then you can't claim that as a fault of the UAS, same thinking or not. If it doesn't fall under a UAS sanction then it should have been clarified as such.

Just saying the way you made it out was this was at UAS sanctioned event and that is apples to oranges. Just need to clarify these things. This is how misinformation spreads.

Misinformation, Ya I love it !!! What happened to that Bull Crap with the RACECIEVER Nonsense at the GN this year. Or the fellow that got screwed out of the B main because they overlooked him. Most if not all the tracks in the( "hot southeast") treat the UAS crowd like redheaded step children. It was never that way until a few years ago. Years past folks would crowd the fence when the UAS was announced not anymore why is that? I race with the UAS and it seems to me that something is starting to Sour I'm done later Chuck

Back