wild KT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do it? Isn't one of our UAS principals Ingenuity? To encourage innovation?

Rainman, I would accept your challenge of my stock twins against your one (1) 100cc ICA, on dirt! Only if we were closer together.

Brian #89
I will take that challenge if you are on twin KT100s any day. No problem. I do appreciate ingenuity and creativity. Otherwise I wouldn't be racing UAS on the back of the pack, lol.

I got plenty of rest , if the 89 runs like it did in Ohio in 15 you guys are pounding sand no lol just fact later Chuck.
Chuck, now that I have my 98 PCR running good you are gonna be surprised, believe me. It is not gonna be much slower than the Sudam at all. I am gonna test with both this Saturday at Foothills.

I will take that challenge if you are on twin KT100s any day. No problem. I do appreciate ingenuity and creativity. Otherwise I wouldn't be racing UAS on the back of the pack, lol.
Then, we need to figure out how we can get this show together! I separated the twins a while back to run them as singles but, they can easily be put back together.

Maybe Bill can bring his triplets!

Brian #89

Love the crazy idea and might be cheaper to run KT100s than other engines, but why running 3 than might just make the same power as for example a single Sudam on methanol, or even less if you consider the power lost since obviously adding engines doesn't add power proportionally? Love and respect the creativity and using resources already available, but a single stock last generation water cooled 100cc ICA will produce mid 30s hp on gas, just like 2 of this KT100s, and will put down more power on the wheels than a couple of KT100s and maybe not much less usable power than 3. Again love to see things like this, really nice, but don't think it is effective or practical. would be interesting to put my 3 98 TSL PCRs though.
A well tuned KT with stock carb puts out 21hp. I ran twins for 15 years so the triple are in the 60hp range. I thought about doing this several times just never did.

Theres a great video on FB of the recent Missouri UAS race on the 3/8mi asphalt oval in Bolivar Mo with the 3KT turning some very fast laps...I'm just not tech savvy enough to know how to get it posted on here...🙄

Theres a great video on FB of the recent Missouri UAS race on the 3/8mi asphalt oval in Bolivar Mo with the 3KT turning some very fast laps...I'm just not tech savvy enough to know how to get it posted on here...🙄
Just click on the address bar in your browser and hit CTRL+A to "select all," then CTRL+C to copy and then once you're in a post here, hit CTRL+V to paste the link. The board should set it up with no issue.

A well tuned KT with stock carb puts out 21hp. I ran twins for 15 years so the triple are in the 60hp range. I thought about doing this several times just never did.
I don't doubt 3 KT100s could produce around 20hp with some tuning, but a good reed can also be tuned and stock the last air cooled reeds were 28-30 hp stock from the factory, added to other advantages added to power. A good Yamaha is a good engine but can't be compared to a good reed or even to a good JICA piston port like a P51 that uses same carb. I also think the numbers some clain for good KT100s are inlfated like for anything else. Someone a few years ago used to clain he could build Sudams on 60s hp, lol. Never heard about him anymore.

Then, we need to figure out how we can get this show together! I separated the twins a while back to run them as singles but, they can easily be put back together.

Maybe Bill can bring his triplets!

Brian #89
Sure, anytime at any decent track in the Southeast. I just haven't seen anyone faster on dual KT100s around here. Again 3 engines look cool doesn't matter what they are, but anytime I have the will to put just 2 engines in a kart I have a bunch of people telling me it is too much trouble, and again even my 2 98 reed PCRs rated at around 28hp each will probably put on the ground less power than the Sudam. We all know that power doesn't come from adding the power for each engine, right?
By the way, anyone has the link of that Missouri race with the 3 KTs? I couldn't find that race in YouTube. Thanks.

Last edited:
The set that Bobby Baldwin had at the GN in Dumplin Valley Tn. ran just fine, he made the main out of probably 30-40 karts. How fast these school teachers forget today lol. later Chuck.

The set that Bobby Baldwin had at the GN in Dumplin Valley Tn. ran just fine, he made the main out of probably 30-40 karts. How fast these school teachers forget today lol. later Chuck.
Chuck, how many karts out of 30 or 40 made the main? Those retired people tend to forget more things than teachers, lol. And add to that it was a few years ago. At the GN in Lasoski he Bobby did qualify 27th out of 54, just 6 tenths from pole which is great, though that was 2012 and today's karts with new engine rules are way faster, and I don't even know if he was on the twin Yamahas since he has run a PK250 and other 250s too, on a Millenium Tempest like myself, by the way.

Last edited:
Chuck, how many karts out of 30 or 40 made the main? Those retired people tend to forget more things than teachers, lol. And add to that it was a few years ago. At the GN in Lasoski he Bobby did qualify 27th out of 54, just 6 tenths from pole which is great, though that was 2012 and today's karts with new engine rules are way faster, and I don't even know if he was on the twin Yamahas since he has run a PK250 and other 250s too, on a Millenium Tempest like myself, by the way.
Bobby was on a pair of Yamaha's. The kart was a bright red kart and was 'very well put together' (very sanitary). There were 44 entries at that race (24 in the feature) and Bobby did make the feature. Doing some of his best driving.

Search Kim Wood Snyder on FB, she posted a video of the 3KT running at the indoor track in Emma MO from this past weekend...she also posted the video from Bolivar Mo....got to search back to early October 2021...

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how many karts he made the main against some of the best in the country I rest my case. Chuck.
I have also made the main and doesn't mean much. Actually mid of the pack. It all depends on who was there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back