wild KT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the Dirt360TV video and you'll see what he's talking about.
Brian, There is no need to look at anything except the rules for the UAS and the format of the race. From the very beginning of running this GN race there has been a very clear and established format for the race and the rules. At no race, until the race at Carnesville, has a 'Provisional' ever been given to a racer that allows the driver to automatically be able to run the GN. To run in the GN, you always had to earn that by placing in the Qualifying, Heats and the 'C' and 'B' Main races. In this race it was given to a driver that placed 10th in the 'B' Main race. WHY???? and who made that decision? It was a clear deviation of the original format. Who made this decision and why was it not part of the rule changing process that is clearly written in the rules? Now, we are told that it was given because the driver had won the Yamaha and Limited race. Well, let me drop a bomb on that analogy, the UAS don't give a rats butt about what you HAVE won in the past.

A great deal of consideration and help should be given to the drivers, who travel long distances, by the hosting track and race workers but they agree to run this race by exclusively using the UAS rule set (this race resembled a Saturday night Putt-Putt race). The GN race officials should instruct the corner flagmen that they ARE NOT the people running the race and only the flagman starting the race should be the person deciding who gets the Black flag and who gets the Blue flag. It seemed like everyone, including the cook at the concession stand had a Black flag. That is not the way the UAS races should be run and never has been run in the past.

Brian, There is no need to look at anything except the rules for the UAS and the format of the race. From the very beginning of running this GN race there has been a very clear and established format for the race and the rules. At no race, until the race at Carnesville, has a 'Provisional' ever been given to a racer that allows the driver to automatically be able to run the GN. To run in the GN, you always had to earn that by placing in the Qualifying, Heats and the 'C' and 'B' Main races. In this race it was given to a driver that placed 10th in the 'B' Main race. WHY???? and who made that decision? It was a clear deviation of the original format. Who made this decision and why was it not part of the rule changing process that is clearly written in the rules? Now, we are told that it was given because the driver had won the Yamaha and Limited race. Well, let me drop a bomb on that analogy, the UAS don't give a rats butt about what you HAVE won in the past.

A great deal of consideration and help should be given to the drivers, who travel long distances, by the hosting track and race workers but they agree to run this race by exclusively using the UAS rule set (this race resembled a Saturday night Putt-Putt race). The GN race officials should instruct the corner flagmen that they ARE NOT the people running the race and only the flagman starting the race should be the person deciding who gets the Black flag and who gets the Blue flag. It seemed like everyone, including the cook at the concession stand had a Black flag. That is not the way the UAS races should be run and never has been run in the past.
Agree with Bob 100%. That position belonged to the next highest finisher in the b main. Not to a kart that didn’t start the b main.

Looks like some of that good old red neck mentality, buy the way how did that raceciever deal work out for ya . Seems like after 28 years or so ya might have it figured out by now . Sincerely Chuck.

If you are talking to me I'm talking to the folks that let that kart run in the GN without qualifying the way it's always been done. I agree 100% with Mr.Bob and E later Chuck.

To whom it may concern...we at RSR (Rick Sullivan Racing) were fortunate enough to win two quarter point races one held in Missouri and one held in Iowa. which qualified us to at least have a chance at The Nationals. We qualified by setting seventh fast time right behind Robby Yow. We also entered the other two support classes and happen to win them both so it was a very busy day for us. We took our Dual Yamahas into the Heat race and fouled a plug on the pace laps. We won our C main which would of put us in the B main we came off the track and they sent out the B main without waiting for us which they said they were going to do as they had done all day with other classes. After we won the yamaha feature the person who was in charge of the line ups on the grid came to us and offered to talk to Mark Bergfelt and Matt Green who put on a great show. Matt Green had no problem starting us in 21st position as long as Mark said it was ok. Mark gave us a blessing when the grid person said he sent out the B main to early. Im old so I dont type very well this just took 35 mins to type I will answer any questions by phone my cell 1217-871-4452. Many thanks to Kevin and Chris Birky Todd Wolf on tires Uncle Franks Four Cycle Karting for all the tires and support "Ralph Woodard and Caleb Woodard"

All good buddy, didn't know you got short changed on the start -finish deal, Ps Mr. Kevin Birky is first class he does all my clutches also later Chuck.

To whom it may concern...we at RSR (Rick Sullivan Racing) were fortunate enough to win two quarter point races one held in Missouri and one held in Iowa. which qualified us to at least have a chance at The Nationals. We qualified by setting seventh fast time right behind Robby Yow. We also entered the other two support classes and happen to win them both so it was a very busy day for us. We took our Dual Yamahas into the Heat race and fouled a plug on the pace laps. We won our C main which would of put us in the B main we came off the track and they sent out the B main without waiting for us which they said they were going to do as they had done all day with other classes. After we won the yamaha feature the person who was in charge of the line ups on the grid came to us and offered to talk to Mark Bergfelt and Matt Green who put on a great show. Matt Green had no problem starting us in 21st position as long as Mark said it was ok. Mark gave us a blessing when the grid person said he sent out the B main to early. Im old so I dont type very well this just took 35 mins to type I will answer any questions by phone my cell 1217-871-4452. Many thanks to Kevin and Chris Birky Todd Wolf on tires Uncle Franks Four Cycle Karting for all the tires and support "Ralph Woodard and Caleb Woodard"
Why didn't they start the rest of the 'B' main drivers behind the 20 in the starting field? Why did they pick your guy. The answer is because you people went to the promoter and started whining. You yap about your guy winning the Yamaha and limited races when in fact these races were added to the program as 'fill in' races. They have NO effect on who runs in the UAS GN. The fact is that you people, with the help of Mark Bergfelt and Matt Green circumvented the written rules. My proposal for the next UASGN is to toss the rules and run a RWYB program. Heck, the rules aren't being used anyway........... It might help a little if the administrator and the hosting track would read the rules BEFORE the race.

And I'm Bob and my number is 352-684-3653.

BOB ANYBODY EVER TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE AN ..I DIDNT YAP AND OR WENT WHINING DONT BOTHER CALLING..
RICK

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back