Will a banshee compete in UAS

MBPhenom

I've got a 98 banshee with about 50 or 60 races on it had it sense it was almost new.Thinking about putting a big block clone and a wedge body on it on burris tires.Ive heard that older karts work well with big power is this true or would I be wasting time ?i should also add it was ran on asphalt for about 30 races or so.I will be completely restoring this kart.and also LTG please give advice

Of course it is competitive.

Put enough motor on anything it'll go fast. If it don't turn left, put more motor on it.

Seriously, it will compete.

Welcome to Bob's also Mike how far are you from Chattanooga. I am below about an hour from you at the Lake house . Right now I am at BKK for the THUNDER at Carnesville for the whole weekend been here since Wednesday with the motorcoach. You might be interested in a Formula A kart motor. I used it on road racing at Road Atlanta and Roebling Road in Savanna, GA. It has only 15 minutes break in on motor , 6 speed watercooled with pipe and mount with a paddle shifter mechanism for any kart . Motor is Nickasi coated , knife rod , with 250 ROTAX piston, yes the tranny can be removed but why would you. Also it has TM 40 mm side cab, also electronic tach rpm in 22,000 rpm over 65 hp. My plan was to installed on a dirt kart also for the UAS , but I am racing 250 cc shifter karts on asphalt. Also I left out the best part it is a Rotary MOTOR. $950 complete with aluminum radiator and new chain and custom made solid motor mount and extras set of clutch disc pads., electric BMW fuel pump .German technology. let me know sent me your phone number by PM .

No Mike go with the Wedge body just use a regular nose to cover both front tires. ,you want to intimidate the other racers. They look bad ass .

Yea I plan on running the wedge just not sure which nose to run that will fit the banshee just right and to be honest I'm a quite a while from getting an engine ready because I've got to get the kart restored first and I'm still running my phenom in the clone classes ,I will be at gkk sat

I'm running a '99 Banshee with regular nose and custom wedge....the kart is not the slowest part of the equation and I've won pole with it, so I'd say yes, it can be made competitive. It may have a narrower tuning window, but I haven't hit the edges of it yet, so don't know for sure. Good luck!

W. You might be interested in a Formula A kart motor. I used it on road racing at Road Atlanta and Roebling Road in Savanna, GA. It has only 15 minutes break in on motor , 6 speed watercooled with pipe and mount with a paddle shifter mechanism for any kart . Motor is Nickasi coated , knife rod , with 250 ROTAX piston .

Formula A motors are 100cc, non gearbox, direct drive.. Sounds like you have something else....

Normally I'd say a Banshee couldn't compete at a high level of competition but if you can keep it from pushing but still run enough left and cross to make speed you might be ok. I'd be shooting for 58 left and low to mid 60's cross.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Yea it has always liked to push I just hope it's ok I could prob get a nemi or something else it's just got a little sintamental value to it and like I've said I've seen a lot of older karts do good with big power

I tuned out the push with more rear stagger....so far no issues.....more stagger will affect forward bite, however. :)

With high power karts, forward bite is always an issue -- you can't just nail it off the corner or you get wheelspin....too much stagger and you get easier wheelspin. I had bit issues with a "little" 305, so I can virtually guarantee you'll have 'em with the 390 -- you'll just have better odds of keeping up if you can control the wheelspin. :) Good luck. Sounds like a fun ride. I always figured if the right side was too soft in the motor mount area I'd slide a broomstick up the frame rail...

I ran an open mod clone this weekend on my phenom I think I've figured out how the chassis works with big power,I basically added about 3% more cross to it and it seemed to work pretty good.So LTG if I get the banshee to work good with lower power and just apply the same technique to that chassis will it work about the same as the phenom?

I don't think the Banshee will work like the Phenom. Every aspect of how the kart works is different. It might work acceptably well but I don't expect it to be quite as good as the Phenom.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Thanks man, talked to a guy at talledega he told me that he held the track record there in uas on a banshee

I was told by a Friend he had Track record at Dega in UAS and He's not on a Banshee ,But I've Heard that 3 different guys claim to that very thing. There names is... Dee Paschal, Brandon ( The Bull ) Perry and Jonathan McNutt.. And No of these guys are Racing a Banshee , I know this Because I race with them all.. No biggie Just Sayin..

And the Best Time is in the Mid 9.50 Or 9.60

Back