Will a tillotson HL334AB work on a Horstman HPV?

Has anyone tried this before?
I can't see why it wouldn't. I'm not familiar with that carburetor, if it's like the ones I used to run (not that number) you'll have to figure a way to get the pressure pulse to the carb. I don't think it works the same as the WB 3.

Al is correct. The WB3 internal fuel pump is fed by a external pulse line that connects to the bottom end of the HPV or Yamaha. The WB334 pulse line is fed thru the intake manifold to the carb flange. It should work just like the old 5HP Briggs flathead superstocks/modifieds which had an intake manifold with built in intake pulse passage that fed the Tillotson Carbs.

Simply insert a nipple in side of the bottom plate where the pulse feed enters. Then run a pulse hose from it to the existing pulse hose fitting. I’ve done many, works well. You will need to insert short studs into the cylinder as well.

Six of one, half dozen of another. Intake manifold that fits just seems easier to me. Just double checked and found that my 5 HP intake manifolds will not fit on a HPV due to different intake bolt patterns.

Last edited:
I remember I had one Yamaha buiñt to work with a Tillotson back in Europe where those manifolds were not available a d it was pretty fast after some tuning. We custom made an intake manifold for it though.

I know Buller makes a manifold for the Yamaha for a 34 he might make one for the smaller carb worth a call later Chuck.

Back