Will my grandson motor be competitive in adult clone lean class

All_Knight

Will my grandson motor be competitive in adult clone lean class for a money race hear in minnesota.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-141330_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-141330_Facebook.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 71
It won't be on par with top level stuff, assuming you are planning on just taking the restrictor plate out of it.

Provided it has a restrictor .
Checkered flag builds good stuff .
You may want to remove that fuel filter , depending on which rules you race with . Its recently changed to not allowed between pump and carb .

We run nka at golden spike in blue earth mn and it was built as jr3 motor we don't run jr3 here that's why I asked

Like mike stated , it may not have every last tenth HP possible .
Should be competitive .
Money races bring out pepole you may not normally see .

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the help, being on a budget I have to wait to buy a new one In a couple weeks. I know set up and tires play the biggest part and that's covered with Jamie from kinetik helping with the setup and my driver being a cobra tire dealer but the motor was my concern. so thanks all

Thanks everyone for the help, being on a budget I have to wait to buy a new one In a couple weeks. I know set up and tires play the biggest part and that's covered with Jamie from kinetik helping with the setup and my driver being a cobra tire dealer but the motor was my concern. so thanks all
Don’t let anyone discourage you from racing. With the right set of tires and setup you can be competitive.

Don’t let anyone discourage you from racing. With the right set of tires and setup you can be competitive.
I'll being looking to get a new motor in a couple weeks but I don't know what I can get for 450 but might be able to go a little. Higher but I'm on a budget

If you are mechanically inclined , you can build your own engines . DIY'ers can buy off the shelf the same parts . Yes big builders have secrets and plenty of toy's to do this and that , but you can build a good engine yourself at a fair less price .

Back