Will not turn center out

Pred 212 .1/5 mile oval ..90s to 00 twister kart no front castor camber adjustment..what's my next move ..less bite ? Less cross? More front percentage? Raise rf spindle? ..be easy on me I know I need a new kart but my wife is wheeling this bad boy for the first time..she has a good line..just has turn left real hard center out..tire pressure 5 right 6 left..thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230518-223553_iRaceWeigh.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518-223553_iRaceWeigh.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 42
With 1" rear stagger, I suspect it's tight on entry too. Fix entry problem first, and your exit problem will be easier to fix.
You're on reverse air. I'm not sure that's what you intended. Should be 5# LS & 6# RS.
Your nose weight is real light -- move the seat forward in the kart -- notch the front of the seat to clear the steering post upright if needed. Get to 46%+ nose. Assuming both fronts and RR are all the way in. Moving the LR out will help some.

Older chassis or not, it should work if set up right.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Pred 212 .1/5 mile oval ..90s to 00 twister kart no front castor camber adjustment..what's my next move ..less bite ? Less cross? More front percentage? Raise rf spindle? ..be easy on me I know I need a new kart but my wife is wheeling this bad boy for the first time..she has a good line..just has turn left real hard center out..tire pressure 5 right 6 left..thanks!!
There is NO such thing as no camber adjustment, might not be as easy as just using two 3/4" wrenches but it can be adjusted, You'll need a good strong helper the heavier the better, some wood blocking, a sturdy 4 ft piece of steel pipe then apply some common sense.

Before you adjust anything else CHECK camber settings while setting on a good level surface with the driver in the kart, you'll want .25 to .75 LF Pos. 2.25 to 2.75 RF neg with right in the middle being preferred . If there within that range you could just leave it alone and knowing where it is make other adjustments accordingly . OR use pipe over spindle shaft and adjust camber with good old fashion muscle power ( just don't go way to far at once ), which is what I would do tweak it to .5 Pos LF and 2.5 Neg RF, If it's outside of those ranges I'd adjust it for sure.

NEXT Before adjusting anything else Look at Front hub spacing confirm one or both are not way out , both RF an LF should be as close as possible without inside edge of wheel rubbing anything.
Look at rear hub spacing with tires on the kart RR inside edge of wheel to frame should be close 1/4" clearance, even 1/2" .
LR 7/8 " clearance preferred, if within 1/8" either way that's OK.

NEXT Look at the seat make sure it's not bound up or in a twist with any tension on it for bolt holes to line up, and has rubber grommets over bolts, measure top back of seat off the top of the axle you'll want around 9.5 " if to far off move it, If you cannot add any weight since you know your nose is little low now, move it forward some even if as Brian points out you cut notch bigger, you won't have to go to far to see a difference of 1 % more, just don't go to far if it makes it to uncomfortable for the driver. when your done with the seat confirm nurf bars are loose.

Once you've done this have tires set at 6 lb rights, 5 lb lefts, with staggers set front 1 1/2 " I'd increase rear to 1 1/8 " knowing your issue now on exit, put them on the kart and back on the scales .
Then shoot for 45.5 % to 46 % nose, 56 % to 56.5 % left, 56.5 % to 57.5 % cross, .5 LF pos camber, 2.5 RF neg camber, Toe out the LF 1/8"
And go race, with that your Exit problem should be no more, and like Brian points out I hope the air pressures you showed were a mistake with the lefts being more than the rights, to race normal conditions Right sides higher pressure than the lefts.

Good Luck !!

Yeah I wrote pressures backward.on I appreciate all yalls advice. And this morning my idea was big pipe fix camber..lol good to know I'm not the only one that..I will increase nose weight and re scale it thanks so much guys! I really do appreciate your time and advice!

Back