Will this flywheel work?

Aussie

I went to a couple of local mower shop today and was given 2 of these flywheels.
IMAG0500_zpslhkf613l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Do you think this will work?
The mower mechanic did tell me what it was off but I can't remember.
I'm thinking the timing is going to be a mile out.
I haven't checked with bearing blue or anything but the tapers are very close.

bottom one looks like a clone or predator stock flywheel, the top one looks like a Honda flywheel

bottom one looks like a clone or predator stock flywheel, the top one looks like a Honda flywheel

sorry I didnt explain myself very well. The bottom one is my stock clone flywheel, the top is one of the two flywheels given to me to see if they will work.
I'm more trying to find out whether it will work on my GX200 clone.

What with three magnets, coil could be an issue.

I was thinking the same thing. I might contact the mower shop and ask them what the flywheel is off. Hopefully the coil mounting holes might be the same size and I will try and get a hold of a coil to suit the flywheel.

Try it! Those may not all be magnetic? And even if they are u might get a triple spark.. Could be a win win

I will be. I just got the block and head back from a mates who has cut the valves and seats and honed the barrel.

Should be running sweet especially if i can get this flywheel to work

The magnet setup looks similar to the PVL magnet setup on the Briggs flywheels, so you may or may not need a PVL blue coil setup to use it. Use a magnet and see if all 3 are magnetic...my guess is only the center one is, if that's the case then your stock coil should work fine as long as the flywheel fits the crank taper right

You will not get three sparks, the timing of the first magnet to pass the coil will be too early, the capacitors within the coil will not have time to charge. I would suspect the transistor within the coil will fail quickly and you will have no spark.

so im going to need to find out what the flywheel is off and buy one of these to make it work.
hopefully the flat top piston will be here shortly so can put it all back together and see what its doing

You will not get three sparks, the timing of the first magnet to pass the coil will be too early, the capacitors within the coil will not have time to charge. I would suspect the transistor within the coil will fail quickly and you will have no spark.

If for whatever reason it does (not doubting you one bit Kart43)...you might want to hand turn with the head off and make sure where that first magnet might fire isn't timed to early, if you're not using a PVL ignition coil. The motor might not like that lol

My plan is to turn it over with the head off using a drill to see what is happening.
i don't want this thing firing as far out i think its going to.
I got a funny feeling if i can get it to fire at all I'm going to have to run it without a timing key.

Because it's the cast iron one. And i will be spinning it up to the flywheel to what the estimated max is 6k. I have also been told an alloy one will help with the engine spinning up faster.
This is all going off what I have read and been told. You got the likes of omb forum if you don't have a alloy flywheel you can't talk about removing the governors.

Back