Windex for dirt oval tire prep

I’m curious, it seems like everyone is wiping their tires with SD-20 on dry dusty tracks. I think I was even told it helps pull the prep to the surface. We’re new but these guys are fast doing this, is there something different about SD-20 then a traditional degreaser?
SD-20 is a commercial/janitorial degreaser.
If you're fast with it currently, consider keeping with that program.
Personally, I think there are much better ways to prep tires and make bite.

Eventually, using harsh degreasers will pull all of the oil out of the tires and they will lose their grip/speed. Unless you are continually replenishing the oil with something, your tires will end up dry and hard.

I’m curious, it seems like everyone is wiping their tires with SD-20 on dry dusty tracks. I think I was even told it helps pull the prep to the surface. We’re new but these guys are fast doing this, is there something different about SD-20 then a traditional degreaser?
SD-20, Track Tac Tire Wash, Simple Green, Track Claw Spray, lots of this being used on dry slick tracks. A dry slick track you dont wipe regular prep as then you will get a prep slide. Theres a difference in dry slick and dry dusty, this is where experience plays a role.

SD-20, Track Tac Tire Wash, Simple Green, Track Claw Spray, lots of this being used on dry slick tracks. A dry slick track you dont wipe regular prep as then you will get a prep slide. Theres a difference in dry slick and dry dusty, this is where experience plays a role.
At our track here in MS it seems like the dirt is so silky that it's getting into the tire if bite chemicals like black bite or black sand are being put on the tire

Where do you rate acrysol and when would you use acrysol vs tire wash? I'm specifically interested when used on Burris 33A's.

SoCo can you verbally give the difference?
I have been racing at High Rock in SC I think that is hard and fast but gets a light dust. I have only raced twice this past month so it has been cooler with highs in the low 60’s.
yes I am new to racing. Last time I raced was at Indian land SC 😁

SoCo can you verbally give the difference?
I have been racing at High Rock in SC I think that is hard and fast but gets a light dust. I have only raced twice this past month so it has been cooler with highs in the low 60’s.
yes I am new to racing. Last time I raced was at Indian land SC 😁
Its hard to verbalize what a tracks doing at a certain time, its just something you will have to try.
Im in SC, never heard of High Rock, do you mean Hanging Rock?

At our track here in MS it seems like the dirt is so silky that it's getting into the tire if bite chemicals like black bite or black sand are being put on the tire
2 totally different make up of chems there. But if its getting into the pores of the tires with BS, you arent using it correctly and getting tires sticky instead of adding bite.

Where do you rate acrysol and when would you use acrysol vs tire wash? I'm specifically interested when used on Burris 33A's.
When track is still in transition from needing a prepped 33, going to straight up NO prep 33, a few classes before it gets good enough for the straight up tire no wipe, acrysol would work, especially if this happens during qualifying. NEVER in place of a tire wash.

Exactly i was thinking that too
If it's our Black Bite or Black bite 2.0, it'll pick up some dirt on the grid, and on slow parade laps, but under green then tires should be clean and black. It doesn't "repel" the dirt, but if the tire is gripping the track, it will clean itself.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

take valve stem core out, squirt in some thin oil, I clean the outside any mild soap n brush. then I apply zipstrip paint remover with brush, let sit. maybe 5 mins or som wipe off. NEW TIRE n soft. oil inside keeps tire from drying out

Back