Windows 7

flattop1

Dawg 89
Since the no support inception .
I have quit using my computer . Cept once .
Anyone still using their's .
Its problay not worth the risk ?

Yes, I have one on 7 and one on Vista.
Both working fine using Firefox and Avast for the net. (Neither supported with current versions btw.)

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

I believe the problems will come when your on the world wide web .
The hackers are going to be the problem .

About 6 months ago I hand built a pc specifically for Windows XP so I could launch all my old games up. Still use it as the main computer in the living room when browsing online and Firefox works great. Granted I went with a paid AVG antivirus and what not but the machine runs great and still snappy as heck. There's still a lot of support out there for older software as far as antivirus and such so I wouldn't be to afraid of using it. Honestly because it's older software you can usually buy 2 or even sometimes 3 antivirus subscriptions from different brands for the price of 1 on today's Windows 10 platform.

Edit: Also running something like NordVPN can really help in ANY platform of Windows whether it be '95 all the way to Windows 10.....

Last edited:
Firefox works fine with 10.
Yea, I use it on my computer with Win10 just fine.
I thought the question was if anyone is still using Win7 still?
I have a laptop that I use daily (including posting on here) that's still on Win7, another on Win Vista, and another on Win10.) I rarely use the same computer - I just hop on whichever one is closest. ALL have 4cycle as a favorite so it's easy to access quickly.

About 6 months ago I hand built a pc specifically for Windows XP so I could launch all my old games up. Still use it as the main computer in the living room when browsing online and Firefox works great. Granted I went with a paid AVG antivirus and what not but the machine runs great and still snappy as heck. There's still a lot of support out there for older software as far as antivirus and such so I wouldn't be to afraid of using it. Honestly because it's older software you can usually buy 2 or even sometimes 3 antivirus subscriptions from different brands for the price of 1 on today's Windows 10 platform.

Edit: Also running something like NordVPN can really help in ANY platform of Windows whether it be '95 all the way to Windows 10.....

That's awesome! I had considered doing the same thing, since our website was built using Corel for Windows 98 2nd Edition. Of course it's not supported, so I'm kinda stuck with paying big bucks for a new software program to build websites, go the route of free website hosting providers, or pay a professional (all which are not ideal for our business at this point in time.) That old computer crashed and I've been unable to do much with our website for the last 7-8 years now. I could either spend the money on software and use all my "free time" to develop a totally new website, or I could hop on an old Win98 computer and do what I need to do to buy some more time. :) I like the idea.

I don't, Paul, but a fellow that helps with the tech at our church left his thumb drive in the church worship computer one time, and when I went to start up, it booted off of his thumb drive. I "think" this is what he said he was using. I am NO techie, so it took me by surprise. Maybe something totally unrelated, but he said that way he can bring all of his files/OS, etc with him wherever he goes and everything is configured the same no matter what computer he is on.

Back