Winged outlaw questions

Kartingdad

Would it be easier to build one out of a champ kart or what's the best place to start on one, I have a phantom roller a utlramax octane roller. That I could build one out of or I'd trade a 05 pierce modified chassis for a roller wing car

you will start with a flat kart. Depending on class, sometimes the conversions work very well, other classes, you are better off to just buy a purpose-built ountlaw kart. In the box stock and restrictor classes, the Phantoms generally work well. Most Phantoms seem to convert well.

I can help you out with all your conversion needs. Are you looking for adult of kid? My buddy has a nemesis conversion for sale that he might be interested in trading check it out on facebook www.facebook.com/blackhawkchassis is my chassis page he has it posted for sale on there

Saw your page wife has Facebook I don't you do exceptional work would love to maybe trade for that nemesis for sure I pmed my number

Just my option the converted frames are way to tight for anything bigger that a clone motor. Yes and several of the winning Wedge karts are QRC bottom frames. Not that it cant be done just have never seen a converted frame be competitive with a 125 or 250 on it. Best of luck

A conversion can work real well w a 125cc. we ran an Avenger, which is a close relative the Phenom I think ... Ive seen them work well w 250-2's ... but anything up from that, I think it needs to a purpose built chassis, JMO

it all depends on the chassis you use I agree that the newer stuff is to stiff about the 05 and newer range when things became so tire dependent and guys started using thicker wall tubing they use tire dope to make grip instead of the chassis. in the late 90's early 2000's they make great platforms. as papa stated the early avengers are a great choice it is a twin to the phenom on the jig but it uses .thinner wall tubing so it's a bit softer. That's what I ran in my personal box stock and with my big butt in it it had way to much bite for a clone. the builder of Papa's 125 was very successful with it on a 125 and I don't think a 250 would be all that much different on it.when you get over that 250 then the width and wheelbase is not as favorable to the higher horsepower. There are several uas guys who run modern chassis and do very well but that's a different kind of racing very tire dependent and one lane tracks where it's follow the leader. I'm going to be building a chassis that I will either use a "super stock" clone or a 250 on that will have the avenger front end on it but 2 inches wider. From the sounds of it I'm going to be very busy this winter so hopefully nobody backs out so I'll have the funds to do this build in the spring and do some testing next year.

Sounds awesome, I have some older phantom phenom, a white bros pirahna in my shop that would probably be good winged karts, but just bought two 250 micro sprints, and a pair of 600 minis

if you'd be interested in some trading just let me know my kits run from 425 and up depending on if you want just cage kits all the way to new bumpers,nerf bars body and wings.

I do not agree with not using a conversion kart for high horse motors. I have sold 6 conversions to guys on the east coast that run the with 250's and 500's all on phantom karts with conversions. The 500 won all but 3 races I entered.

Back