Winged outlaw tire sizes ?

What tire sizes and wheel sizes with treaded hoosier are they running with the Stock Appearing wing Class all 4 corners . Thank you

Check the tire rule at the track your running. A lot of tracks are requiring a 50 on the RR. Since your running the clone engine I believe the Hoosier 12×8 D50 or the Burris 11.5×8.5 TX50 are the best for your class. That Burris 11.5×8.5 won us some races when everyone was running hoosier on a heavy track. When you move u to the 250 or 500 then go with the 12×9 on the RR.

What tire sizes and wheel sizes with treaded hoosier are they running with the Stock Appearing wing Class all 4 corners . Thank you
You want the 12X8 (IF the track mandates the D50 RR - It is also offered in a 12X9.)
If they do not mandate specifically the D50 compound, then go with smaller tires.
If the track has a 50 duro rule -- the D30A will meet that.
These big tires were designed for the 250 and 500cc winged outlaw karts that can spin the tires at will.
They are way too much tire for the underpowered classes!
We offer a small treaded tire set that works very well with clones, animals, L206, etc on these cars and gets the right sides back to 34" circumference where they should be. We also offer tire cutting/profiling service should you care to go that route as well.
Feel free to give us a call if we can be of any help.
Hoosier D30A Tread.jpg

Hoosier D30A Tread 2.jpg

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You want the 12X8 (IF the track mandates the D50 RR - It is also offered in a 12X9.)
If they do not mandate specifically the D50 compound, then go with smaller tires.
If the track has a 50 duro rule -- the D30A will meet that.
These big tires were designed for the 250 and 500cc winged outlaw karts that can spin the tires at will.
They are way too much tire for the underpowered classes!
We offer a small treaded tire set that works very well with clones, animals, L206, etc on these cars and gets the right sides back to 34" circumference where they should be. We also offer tire cutting/profiling service should you care to go that route as well.
Feel free to give us a call if we can be of any help.
View attachment 15385
View attachment 15386

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Brian,

I know this is an older thread but we have since ditched the champ karts and started running the a Winged Outlaw Open Clone class so 25-30 hp clones. This class also requires a D50 RR tire. Remembering some of your tire advice on the champ kart, I'm thinking of going 11.5x8-6 RR, 11x8-6 RF, 11x5.5-6 LF, and 11x6.5-6 LR. Does that sound about right? I was debating on whether to run 11.5 diameter on RR and RF. Hoosier does not make a 11.5x9-6 in a D50 otherwise I would of went that route for the RR. My SKE kart currently has a 12x9-6 RR but I remember what you said about too much tire so I thought going smaller was the better option. Let me know your thoughts.

12X9-6 is made for the 250 & 500cc winged karts. It is way too much tire for even the baddest clone. The small sizes are adequate up to about 25CHP (actual HP, not inflated sales pitch numbers) but being that your track dictates the D50A RR, you are limited to running the bigger size tires. The 11.5 is a much better choice. Your first set up is common with guys coming from flatkarts. The SKE & QRC guys tend to push a small RF, which is their prerogative. I like the wider RF so you can run less caster with the lower HP classes like yours (and even works better on stock stuff.)

Back