Winter Projects

Its getting cold in most areas of the United States right now and most people have had there final races of the season, that is unless you are doing indoor racing this winter. But we all have those winter projects. Right now I am getting my kart which is an older one back into racing condition. What projects are all the people on the good ole forum up to this winter.

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

Theres the good ole kart I have

Them kerosene heaters are handy . The main problem is kerosene has gotten overly expensive .
They caused many a fire in the 80's and 90's . I would never leave it in the shop unattended for more then an hour or so .
Just something that I experienced . I was spray painting I knocked the lid off the can or some how the nozzle . While it was spraying out I held it down to the floor on the way to my oil drain pan , I passed by the kero sun . The thing lit the fumes up . Much too my surprise , a trail of fire all the way to the drain pan .

Tell your Dad then a few of us are jealous of his shop.
Will do. He deserves everybit of it! He is an extremely hard worker with a very good job and has had good oppertunitys in life. He tells me all the time about how school is important. 20 years ago he was living in a tiny apartment with a bunch of student loans but because of his hard work he has his own business and is doing good in life.

Haa ha , yes . The one I started in 1976 , and the one I started this afternoon .
Along with all the ones in between ......;)

I've got a handful of them. The main one is my miata, swapping a 3.5L V6 into it. I'm fairly close to being able to start it(or attempt to). Just need to finish up some wiring.

Back