Winter Projects

For many of us our seaons has ended or is coming to an end. And if your season of karting isnt ending then you are probably gonna go indoor racing. Since we wont have to wrench on our karts and prep 4 sets of tires every day leading up to the races what projects do you guys have to do in the winter? Wether it be a project car or fixing something on your car or even a hobbie you do in the winter when you arnt able to race. For some it may be hanging up the pictures for there wife😂thought I would throw that in there for all you married folks. In all seriousness what are you guys doing as winter projects? If you are working on a car or somehting over the winter take apicture of it and share it on this thread and right before karting season starts again we can have another thread to see what all people have done to there projects or how they have changed there race team up weather it be a new kart or motor or stuff like that. For some i might be decking out there trailer to make it a dope karting trailer for others it might be rebuilding a motor or having fun doing a hobbie or having a winter project. Share your projects/winter hobbies on here.

I'll be busy during the off season:

- Hunting trip November 15-19
- Drop the fuel tank on my 1995 YJ to replace fuel lines and sending unit
- Restore a 1999 Banshee chassis
- Shop full of engines to rebuild

Before I know it March will be here and it'll be time to do it all over again!

I'll be busy during the off season:

- Hunting trip November 15-19
- Drop the fuel tank on my 1995 YJ to replace fuel lines and sending unit
- Restore a 1999 Banshee chassis
- Shop full of engines to rebuild

Before I know it March will be here and it'll be time to do it all over again!
I still race a '99 Banshee. I will be restoring my uncle's 1986 Challenger sprint car that I also race in a vintage series this winter.

We are big into snowmobiles, and as of right now I have four engine rebuilds lined up for those - two for my son and two for other people.

I'm kicking around some ideas to build an open KT100 Yamaha.

Also kicking around the idea of building a dual engine Yamaha powered vintage kart. I have a single engine vintage chassis that I believe I could convert to a dual. It won't be an easy project, but I like a challenge.

All of our regular kart equipment needs freshening up.

By then the grass should be turning green again!

After wrecking my stuff I now have a different trailer that needs to be adapted to kart racing. It doesnt have 110 volt wiring in it nor does it have cabinets or a work area, plus I want to install a/c, lighting and insulation in it. I guess I will be learning some carpentry and electrical stuff. And Im sure we will hit some winter indoor shows.

167BD9A0-4597-479B-B849-C440409C42DC.jpeg
A6F1ACA6-295A-4D2C-8560-5DB014B061DF.jpeg

Plans are to build a 420 inch Windsor for these and replace the old 306 incher that’s in the car now….. hopefully!

Gonna start getting parts together for the slobburban. Little lift and I've got a weird engine build in mind. 6.0 block, 4.8 crank, some ls1 heads, trailblazer SS manifold, bigger injectors and throttle body, undecided on pistons whether I fab up a twin turbo setup or run it N/A. Not gonna tow much with it but it needs some more getup and go. Either a 4l80e or a tremec 6 speed. Lift will be dependent on whether or not I want to cut the front off and go solid axle or stick with the stupid IFS.

Also gonna be looking for a kart for my little guy because ever since he seen my dad and I race that's all he wants to do. Gonna have to get that and have my graphics guy make it look like gravedigger lol.

There is no "off season" in the SE, some of the biggest money races are coming up, and 2 big races in Fl the next couple months. World 100 in Jasper, and then Daytona. Not to mention The Rumble at Paradise or Thanksgiving Thunder, SC and GA at Thanksgiving time. And then theres Batesville also for lots of folks.
We are full on with racing.

There is no "off season" in the SE, some of the biggest money races are coming up, and 2 big races in Fl the next couple months. World 100 in Jasper, and then Daytona. Not to mention The Rumble at Paradise or Thanksgiving Thunder, SC and GA at Thanksgiving time. And then theres Batesville also for lots of folks.
We are full on with racing.
Gotta have an off season to recoup all money spent thru this season lol

Back