Winterizing

This is a good question that I hadnt considered yet. I'm planning to run everything out of gas and then clean/purge the whole fuel system. Then I think I'll do an oil "Flush". Two or 3 cycles of oil to get all of the old junk out, then put it fresh and let it sit. Of course I'll clean everything incredibly thoroughly and put my used chains in a bucket of oil. I cant think of anything else I'd need to do.

tear everything down, rebuild it all good as new for next year... get it done just in time for the first race, no need for storage haha
Can I add to NOT WAIT UNTIL MARCH OR APRIL!?!
It's easy to forget the karts and equipment once the season winds down, but that's an excellent time of the year to send stuff out for rebuilds for next year. Even if the engine builder is waiting on new rules, or updates, he won't be waiting for your engines. Things like clutches need serviced or rebuilt -- again, a great time of the year to get ahead of the pre-spring rush.
Make sure you prepare your tires for winter storage. They need to be kept indoors where there is not a lot of temp. swing preferably. Clean them well, you might even wipe some chemical on them for storage, wrap them with Saran Wrap, and place them in a good heavy duty black leaf trash bag. Wrap them up tight and store them away until spring.
or, you can always run some indoor shows (IF the governors allow.) :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back