Wisco Piston Thickness

Jimbo

You can fool some of the people some of the time
What's the most you have taken off the top of a Wiseco 2.7325" piston?
Better yet what is the minimum thickness you have used, measured from the top of the piston to the underside, between the wrist pin centers?
And how long has it lived?

Even when you find a good number, you will increase the heat load on the top ring. They will lose tension rapidly and seal. Get a thicker ring and ring drag eats up any gain. On a engine that is on and off the throttle and not pulling (load) you can get away with tolerable life. A long track / endure engine - meh - stick with ring seal to the finish line.
It's a fine, fine line.

What's the most you have taken off the top of a Wiseco 2.7325" piston?
Better yet what is the minimum thickness you have used, measured from the top of the piston to the underside, between the wrist pin centers?
And how long has it lived?
Hi Jim, Randy at dyno might be a good source for this min number. I know I’ve cut some down a lot but I can’t remember the min thickness. I’ll dig around my shop and see if I have any old cut pistons. Most of my engine stuff went with the business when I sold it a few years ago.

I don't like taking any more than .100 off of the wiseco pistons. I've had them crack between the wrist pin blocks of the piston due to flex. I'm thinking that there is a total of .200" from the top ring groove to the top of a .540 compression height 2 ring piston.

Back