WKA Clone Block?

desi199

Is there a difference between a blue motor block and a yellow motor block? Aren't they both legal for clone?

Thanks. At Daytona, the WKA tech man told me that I would be disqualified because I had a blue clone block. I packed up my dirt stuff and just ran my road race kart. Really hard going to Daytona as a college student by yourself, driving 13 hours, pitting out of a U-Haul, and told if you finish in the top 5 you would be disqualified.

You should consider finishing your education first that is more important then you can start wasting your money in the endless pit of kart racing!

I dropped my schedule down to 10 races this year only enduro races where I am "semi sponsored". Fortunately, since my college is in the middle of nowhere, building motors in dorm rooms is pretty exciting.

Thanks. At Daytona, the WKA tech man told me that I would be disqualified because I had a blue clone block. I packed up my dirt stuff and just ran my road race kart. Really hard going to Daytona as a college student by yourself, driving 13 hours, pitting out of a U-Haul, and told if you finish in the top 5 you would be disqualified.
I'm thinking you got ****** (the short end of the stick)! Next time (IF) don't give up too ez! (I've eaten Tech-guy's for less than that....but, they still won)

Yup sounds like you got the short end as long as its a 196 and like Jerry said 168 series you should of been fine
but what make blue was it ? some do have smaller heads or was it something else with a blue cover and
the tech man caught it ?

His only reasoning was that you had a blue clone? That's it? No explaination as to what would be wrong with it?

Legal and somewhat same with exception of sump bolt pattern.. Asd long as we are talking series 168 (196cc)

the ears on top of the block, which the top plate bolts to, are different also. The blue engine blocks also have that governor hole in top that has to be plugged or filled, while the yellow motors come with the hole already filled or cast that way, from every block i have seen.

the ears on top of the block, which the top plate bolts to, are different also. The blue engine blocks also have that governor hole in top that has to be plugged or filled, while the yellow motors come with the hole already filled or cast that way, from every block i have seen.

ONLY in the past 4-5 years... I bet we have thrown away atleast 2 55 gallon barrels of govenors and oil alerts.. The extra lil cooling fin has nothing to do with itbeing ok.. Just a Lifan casting..
In the beginning it was stated you could not mix the engines.. Meaning no head swapping etc.. That no longer stands and hasn't for a few years..

I feel safe to say the guy saying this had nohting to do with tech..

You bring up a good point! If ANYBODY gets hit with any kind of this 'stuff', get 'their' full ID and 'Official' reasoning (in writing) and 'question' it thru higher authority...sooner, or later! Remember....YOU are their customer and people make mistakes.

ONLY in the past 4-5 years... I bet we have thrown away atleast 2 55 gallon barrels of govenors and oil alerts.. The extra lil cooling fin has nothing to do with itbeing ok.. Just a Lifan casting..
In the beginning it was stated you could not mix the engines.. Meaning no head swapping etc.. That no longer stands and hasn't for a few years..

Didnt know that about the first part of your post, thanks for the new info, always willing to learn something new lol. For the last part, i completely agree with you there.

The motor had a a stock blue block, stock rod, standard size piston and rings, cl-2 cam, EC blueprinted carb, and JT-123 head, built in the road race garage :D (Looking for a new carb guy). I raced clones in the road racing series last year and never had a problem.

Back