WKA comeback

Krtrcr47

What do you all think about it? I don't know what to think yet. Their tire and engine deals almost killed the sport once. What do the racers think?

All together. They made tire deals then made rules that handcuffed local tracks to not have insurance for a season or more. The deals with Briggs did the same thing. I see people excited including myself but can't help but remember what happened.

Someone was saying they were bringing back a dirt series a while back, but haven't heard anything since.

I suppose what we really need with the clone is a third rule set that's different from the other two. :)
And maybe they could add a predator rule set that's different from the other ten we already have. :)

Now you have to buy your race tires at track. Seems like a repeat in history to me.
I think it would be good for track income if tire companies would Only sell race tires thru tracks.
That includes car race tires.
Without tracks there is no need for race tires so support where your product is consumed without any middle men.

It would also put a stop to leach off of racers series from demanding racers buy series only tires.

How would it be a good income for a track to sell tires ? Mom and Pop tracks couldn't afford it . Track would have to purchase tires , store tires , hire someone to watch and work the tire store if they couldn't do it themselves , and eat the cost of unsold tires when the new year comes about when everyone wants the new tire year stuff . Then that would put the kart shops at a loss , because of lost revenue because they can't sell tires , oh by the way , selling parts and tires is what they do .

The only way a track selling tires would work would be if the manufacturer kept the stock there and only took what they sold them for which would leave little to nothing for the track owner. IMO it would only work if the track was getting to sell the tires while getting a major discount from the supplier.

I don't see the need to drag Briggs back in. So mowers are going electric looks like sticking it to kart racing was a mistake after all. Bye Briggs. Well that's done don't let them back in. Start a new American engine manufacturer but Briggs already screwed the kart racer once so we know the corporate giant will do it again. Maxxis are 1 race tires that won't help. prepping tires doesn't kill the sport throwing tires away after 20 laps kills the sport. These are the real issues that killed karting and its back like nothing ever happened. Pavement racing went away because you need new tires everytime you touch the track. Buying tires at the track does nothing but case a confusion for newbies. Like I said I don't know what to think. I'm leaning against it.

I don't see the need to drag Briggs back in. So mowers are going electric looks like sticking it to kart racing was a mistake after all. Bye Briggs. Well that's done don't let them back in. Start a new American engine manufacturer but Briggs already screwed the kart racer once so we know the corporate giant will do it again. Maxxis are 1 race tires that won't help. prepping tires doesn't kill the sport throwing tires away after 20 laps kills the sport. These are the real issues that killed karting and its back like nothing ever happened. Pavement racing went away because you need new tires everytime you touch the track. Buying tires at the track does nothing but case a confusion for newbies. Like I said I don't know what to think. I'm leaning against it.
How did Briggs "screw the kart racer"? Was it by producing the absolute best platform? The animal is by far the easiest to build, has a remarkable consistency in it's parts production. It is by far the easiest engine to build by novices. In looking back, the absolutely worst thing that happened to karting is the clone.

Don't forget engine builders and reground cams and many people that don't know the worth of a dollar ,,,just my opinion,,,,

How did Briggs "screw the kart racer"? Was it by producing the absolute best platform? The animal is by far the easiest to build, has a remarkable consistency in it's parts production. It is by far the easiest engine to build by novices. In looking back, the absolutely worst thing that happened to karting is the clone.
Simple.they built up briggs racing made the kart racer dependent on them then corporate Briggs dropped Briggs racing like a bad habit. That is how the clone came about. Research it.

Yes forced to move to the animal .
There were multiple rule changes and updates .
As well as the need for blueprinting .
Then dropped the flathead .
Not too mention the prep fiasco .

Simple.they built up briggs racing made the kart racer dependent on them then corporate Briggs dropped Briggs racing like a bad habit. That is how the clone came about. Research it.
Chip has been around for a good while. He's just a briggs guy. :)
Whether the clone was good or bad for the sport depends on where you race. In the southeast and dirt, you'd probably want a clone.
Asphalt or sprint, briggs would get the nod.

There are several clone importers leaving us a reliable supply, unless another virus comes along. If briggs dropped motorsports (it could happen), well, I guess you could race the Intek. Hell, I always thought the Vanguard would have been a better platform for their racing anyway.
My .02

By the way, this shouldn't be a briggs/clone thread anyway, but about wka.
And the wka dirt series link, provided by champton72c, showed nearly all of the classes being clone anyway.

Back