WKA comeback

There is always someone who will complain about any part of a rule set. I hope the wka does well... we currently do not have the funds to race these events but we are also local racers not national. If i were to complain about it then there goes the FUN.

I'll add what wka is doing eliminates your tire cutting business all together. Buy tires at track raceday only tires can be used..
Your wrong there, they bring the cutters to the track. That's been happening forever. Once you buy the tire, you can do anything you want to them.

I do not understand how in the world profit has become a bad thing.
No problem with anyone making a profit.

Were low budget racers and always have been.
The post is not about profit, its about cost and a racers ability to pay.
In general IMOH anything special costs more.

I always think if people bashing the clone ever thought in the end who makes more money off the clone, simple answer is the US, from dock workers to truck drivers, forklift operators warehouse workers and thats all before it gets to builders
That was not a china clone bash. I was pointing out that many posts here bash profit. This has become a bash everybody thread. Weather it be tires, promoters, engine builders, WKA, Briggs or whomever. My point is that without some profit, none of it would happen. I wonder what the status of kart racing is in places like North Korea, Cuba or Venezuela.

If you took a survey on certain topics that are touchy like this one, and ask 100 people if it was considered bashing, 50 would say yes, 50 would say No so who knows who's right.

Look at the qualifying times for the 100 lapper at Charlotte. Difference in between starting 16th and 6th about a 10th of a second.

So buying tires at the track is a bad thing huh?

Being on "equal" tires scares you off that much?

Asphalt short tracks do it every weekend?

Might want to work on handling and driving ability while you let WKA do whatever they want.

Go or don't go. But bashing like a bunch ladies at bingo doesn't do anyone any good.
Bashing is calling names because red flags are present. That means you are afraid. I am questioning the obvious. If they are a nonprofit and claim it on taxes then stop being a promoter for profit. Otherwise be a tax paying promoter and own it. They are a scam in their current form putting small businesses out in the name of kart racing. THAT NEEDS TO STOP NOW. WKA HAS NO AUTHORITY TO SAY WHO IS OR IS NOT FOR KART RACING.

Just curious what the tire rules were at the race.. Thanks
Race tires bought at track period. This is the case for all dirt and pavement wka races. Except for superheavy but they have a driver weight rule.

In other words getting rid of rolling inside regiment on maxxis and saying its a 20 lap tire.

My question how does that fix anything?

Race tires bought at track period. This is the case for all dirt and pavement wka races. Accept for superheavy but they have a driver weight rule.

In other words getting rid of rolling inside regiment on maxxis and saying its a 20 lap tire.

My question how does that fix anything?
Prep rule? If so how enforced? Just one set for the weekend? Do they jack up the prices?

Last edited:
Just curious what the tire rules were at the race.. Thanks
For last weekends asphalt oval race, the 2 big jr and sr pro classes, tires had to be bought at the track. you could buy up to 2 sets. The rest of the classes you brought your own. The prep rule is gone as it was to hard to enforce.

Any input from racers that were actually at the track and competing in these tire-specific classes?
Was the cost less, competition better, anything else that made this deal good or bad for karting?

I'd like to hear from someone who was actually there, spent their own money, and competed.

It's a free country, complain all you want, but generally complaining doesn't help much anyhow.

Bashing is calling names because red flags are present. That means you are afraid. I am questioning the obvious. If they are a nonprofit and claim it on taxes then stop being a promoter for profit. Otherwise be a tax paying promoter and own it. They are a scam in their current form putting small businesses out in the name of kart racing. THAT NEEDS TO STOP NOW. WKA HAS NO AUTHORITY TO SAY WHO IS OR IS NOT FOR KART RACING.
I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of a not-for-profit organization. Being "not for profit" does not mean that they cannot be in the black; or pay their employees, rent, utilities, office expenses, etc.
You say that they are a scam and putting small businesses out. How so? Who has been put out? How have they affected your business financially? I would think that solid businesses should be able to adapt quickly, or refocus their efforts to sustain profitability if their market changes. If not, they will fail. Maybe you could clarify better the negative financial impact you are seeing on your business due to WKA holding this particular race, or in general.

You emphatically say that "WKA has no authority to say who is or is not for kart racing." I'm not even sure what you mean. Are they somehow saying that some people cannot race with them? That's entirely up to them, isn't it? It's their business. Businesses in the US have the right to refuse service to anyone except for cases of discrimination. There are races each year that are by invite only. We saw MANY of them this past year due to covid capacity restrictions. WKA isn't suggesting that -- they are actually encouraging more competitors to come race with them (under their rules - which is their right and does not seem unreasonable.)

Again, if you don't like it (WKA), then don't support them, just as you would any other business that you do not like.

Brian,
Only thing I have heard was it was a little rushed to keep a pretty tight schedule.

Not sure if the track rental bill goes up when the lights come on or not. Never been on the promotions side so I can't speak for that.

Had one long red flag in a champ feature but you could have that at any event.

Personally I love the big event for the prestige.

Observations/Suggestions: (No complaints just things I think could help)
  • All features (minus the long ones) should be 20 laps and listed on the flyer. (Should never be saying on grid "How long is this one?")
  • Tech & Fuel Information should be posted long before the week of the event.
  • Open up Friday for practice so maybe can relax the schedule a little on Saturday. (If you needed wholesale changes you can find that out Friday)
  • I would swap stock heavy out for a LO206 heavy or LO206 champ class. (Heavy clone folks already get 2 - 390 races)
  • Jr Champ should be considered to be added. Some people and families are champ folks only.
I hope they run with this and make it into a series. I can think of a few tracks right now that would make a very nice WKA pavement series which I would support.

No prep rule in place. Usually you can get 2 sets. No the prices arent raised, and at times better than you can get from a retailer, considering entry fee is included in with the price.
Thank you, doesn't sound like a lot to complain about except I did not find that info anywhere before the event.

Brian,
Only thing I have heard was it was a little rushed to keep a pretty tight schedule.

Not sure if the track rental bill goes up when the lights come on or not. Never been on the promotions side so I can't speak for that.

Had one long red flag in a champ feature but you could have that at any event.

Personally I love the big event for the prestige.

Observations/Suggestions: (No complaints just things I think could help)
  • All features (minus the long ones) should be 20 laps and listed on the flyer. (Should never be saying on grid "How long is this one?")
  • Tech & Fuel Information should be posted long before the week of the event.
  • Open up Friday for practice so maybe can relax the schedule a little on Saturday. (If you needed wholesale changes you can find that out Friday)
  • I would swap stock heavy out for a LO206 heavy or LO206 champ class. (Heavy clone folks already get 2 - 390 races)
  • Jr Champ should be considered to be added. Some people and families are champ folks only.
I hope they run with this and make it into a series. I can think of a few tracks right now that would make a very nice WKA pavement series which I would support.
Usually the number of laps are listed on the registration form, not sure if this one was or not.
Tech info is the same, no matter where or what track. The fuel stop should be posted beforehand i do agree.
Friday for practice....then you are at a 2 day show, and the rent would double and very few would practice anyways. This happened at Daytona all the time.
LO206 may work IF they really get serious about a true traveling series, as long as its not in the SE. The entry numbers will go way down if this stayed in the SE.

I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of a not-for-profit organization. Being "not for profit" does not mean that they cannot be in the black; or pay their employees, rent, utilities, office expenses, etc.
You say that they are a scam and putting small businesses out. How so? Who has been put out? How have they affected your business financially? I would think that solid businesses should be able to adapt quickly, or refocus their efforts to sustain profitability if their market changes. If not, they will fail. Maybe you could clarify better the negative financial impact you are seeing on your business due to WKA holding this particular race, or in general.

You emphatically say that "WKA has no authority to say who is or is not for kart racing." I'm not even sure what you mean. Are they somehow saying that some people cannot race with them? That's entirely up to them, isn't it? It's their business. Businesses in the US have the right to refuse service to anyone except for cases of discrimination. There are races each year that are by invite only. We saw MANY of them this past year due to covid capacity restrictions. WKA isn't suggesting that -- they are actually encouraging more competitors to come race with them (under their rules - which is their right and does not seem unreasonable.)

Again, if you don't like it (WKA), then don't support them, just as you would any other business that you do not like.
Don't patronize me. I understand why people snap at you now. NFL was nonprofit until 2015 I believe. Maybe what I'm talking about is too complicated for you to understand. I am simply stating red flags. I am simply stating this exact stuff already done and it nearly completely eliminated oval kart racing out of existence. Cool you totally love the idea nice. Now I will race and discuss red flags that may bring down what has been built up over the last 10 years. I am watching the same thing almost exactly happen again. How do they expect a diffrent result? This crap of if I talk about it I'm the one ruining it is bs. Telling people shutup is also bs. Openly discuss the issues and address why each step is implemented. But right now it is very obvious wka cashing in on what kart racers built up.

So we buy tires at the track now why super heavy exempt? Is it performance related if so tell what and how.Are we trying to limit the number of classes entered so on? What is the motive and tell me. Don't just say insert money here now put on your mask and race. See what I'm saying. They should openly be telling the oval racer how they won't allow what they made happen happen again.

People won't realize it's screwed until wka announce sorry no races on the schedule next year. Then a season or 15 just gone. It already happened once. WARNING ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

I have made my point. Have a great racing season everyone.

Usually the number of laps are listed on the registration form, not sure if this one was or not.
Tech info is the same, no matter where or what track. The fuel stop should be posted beforehand i do agree.
Friday for practice....then you are at a 2 day show, and the rent would double and very few would practice anyways. This happened at Daytona all the time.
LO206 may work IF they really get serious about a true traveling series, as long as its not in the SE. The entry numbers will go way down if this stayed in the SE.

I agree with all that 100%. Spot on with that Earl

Not one class had the laps listed for the features except the 50 & 100 lapper. Entry fee and km was listed.

All in all though for not having a kart race there or a wka pavement race in that long. Impressive event from everyone involved WKA and the karters included.

Compare the lap times for the 100 lapper to a legend car on the same track. Shocked me I will say that.

Quoting best I remember a comment supporting the WKA.
"If they cash in on it (Their promoting races) is that ok?"
answer: No.

Back