WKA comeback

As far as buying the tires at the track and from the series -- it's an attempt to limit cutting, prepping, quantities of tires, and any other advantage that it may present.
It's not always a popular decision, but seems to be working out on the pavement side of things with WKA already.
This is their first pavement oval race since 2008 I believe. This is a spectacle that wka is cashing in on. It's sad. This race is not a model that is sustainable literally cashing in.

This weekend is a pavement oval race. I chose not to go.
This is their first pavement oval race since 2008 I believe. This is a spectacle that wka is cashing in on. It's sad. This race is not a model that is sustainable literally cashing in.
Well, then, you're not missing anything.
If WKA is successful and their deal grows, more power to them.
If they "cash in," is that a bad thing?
How is that hurting mom & pops?
Pavement oval racing has been pretty much non-existent since '08 regardless of WKA's involvement.
Again, I fail to see the down side of this.

With this start up cash now wka will go around telling tracks what to do because wka knows how to really do it see look at all the money made at Charlotte. I guess we will see.

Well, then, you're not missing anything.
If WKA is successful and their deal grows, more power to them.
If they "cash in," is that a bad thing?
How is that hurting mom & pops?
Pavement oval racing has been pretty much non-existent since '08 regardless of WKA's involvement.
Again, I fail to see the down side of this.

Pavement racing doesn't exist because tires are fastest the first laps on the racing surface. So you need new tires every time you qualify then everytime you race period. Wka almost killed all of oval racing with their tire prep rule. That was implemented because of an accident that burnt a boy up at a wka national. Wka got rid of prepping because of an accident nothing to do with saving money or tires. So now they are implementing buying tires so you buy their inventory all the big names have their tire cutters at the track so wka made it so small names can't keep up without a tire cutter on the trailer. I guess you don't get it.

They are clone this month. They are working on a motor deal just like their tire deals. I started the thread hoping to open some eyes.As was mentioned Briggs for pavement racing where is wka coming back this weekend. Look for Briggs announcement I'll bet $5 on it. It's like WKA woke up from the hurricane that almost took out kart racing all together and said that was just the eye they are back to finish off kart racing once and for all. They sure got a membership fee before anyone sees how they will run the show. Yup this exactly what was needed now a karting association that already failed the oval racing community badly jumping back in where they left off as if they wasn't what failed. It was karting lol free America and capitalism kept karting going.
Tires is the next big subject that will be hashed out on this thread.
Is buying engines from Communist Red China Capitalism?

This weekend is a pavement oval race. I chose not to go.
As did we, if there was just one Briggs race we would be there.
You are just anti motor man lol I'll bet your buddies with old what's his name at Briggs. Guess what he is a motor man he just works for the biggest company trying to put the other motor guys out of business. If you can't see Briggs is greedy that's on you. I haven't seen a 20 kart Briggs race since 2007 2008. 20 kart clone races happening every weekend.

So in short I respectfully disagree.
But it is not that way everywhere, where we race, Ct. and Eastern Ny Briggs numbers are better then Chinese. As far as Briggs being "greedy" I don't see it that way. Certainly their racing division is just a tiny part of their overall business. And of course they are the only company that has any interest in racing at all. I do not have any knowledge over their corporate decisions but I would guess that their decision to drop the flathead was due to the fact that the motors were 1950's technology at best. They were not being produced for anything except racing probably because of EPA regulations. In any case these discussions have been going on for years and certainly will continue. It would be best if we could all come together on a single platform or simply run them against each other and let the cream rise to the top. This year past I raced with my sons after a multiple year hiatus. We ran animal, flathead, and china classes. The reason why I support the animal over the flathead or the china motor is simple, it is just a better motor.

The engine platforms are really a moot point .
The orginazations are in this for profit .
The thing they bring too the table is a consistent rule set , schedule , and organizing a group of racers trying to keep them headed in the same direction .
When they folded around here several groups formed up most are gone now .
So youhad conflicting schdules , and the same tracks to race on .
Bragging rights go with that as well . If your racing that seris .

Winning a WKA race is still a big deal .
There are other organizations who have a peice of the pie now too .
Hard to say winning a 5000 dollar race is not a bad thing either .

I feel there should be one platform for how the engines are built. Prime example if you have a wka animal or flathead say you live in iowa and decide to leave for alabama you know that your engine is still in the rules set. Now take the clone if you are in ohio and have your engine built to specs for your area it is akra now go to georgia now you need a nka built motor. So if you want to tour nationally you need an engine built for each specific area. Wka simplified the platform to race nationally if you chose to do so.

if Briggs would of listened to MrSimms there would of not been a clone nor a 206, but they saw dollar signs, bet they wished they would of listened.
If it wasnt for the clone there wouldnt be a 206, it was only after a huge drop in sales that they even offered the 206......so they can go pound sand.
I'd race a honda before going back to brigg's garbage
I have read many of your posts over the years and I recognize your hatred of Briggs. But can you consider that it costs more to put out a quality product then it does junk? I am not a builder that puts out hundreds of motors per year in fact I think the most motors I built in any one year was about 25. But I have been building animals ever since I could buy them, before you could readily get parts or aftermarket parts. In these years I can only remember very few parts that I had to throw out because they were out of spec or improperly manufactured. 2 intake manifolds, one pushrod, one intake valve and about a half a dozen WF rods that were slightly out of round (Briggs replaced the rods). The only inconsistency in these motors (in the early years) was piston pop up. Quality does mean something and has a value attached......

Unfortunately we are in the present . The past is gone .
Even when IKF and WKA were the 2 national organizations .
The rule sets were different .
WKA/IKF have membership fees . Which provided a rulebook stickers and a patch .
Akra /nka currently do not . You do pay for the rule book .
Hope it works out for y'all down there .

But it is not that way everywhere, where we race, Ct. and Eastern Ny Briggs numbers are better then Chinese. As far as Briggs being "greedy" I don't see it that way. Certainly their racing division is just a tiny part of their overall business. And of course they are the only company that has any interest in racing at all. I do not have any knowledge over their corporate decisions but I would guess that their decision to drop the flathead was due to the fact that the motors were 1950's technology at best. They were not being produced for anything except racing probably because of EPA regulations. In any case these discussions have been going on for years and certainly will continue. It would be best if we could all come together on a single platform or simply run them against each other and let the cream rise to the top. This year past I raced with my sons after a multiple year hiatus. We ran animal, flathead, and china classes. The reason why I support the animal over the flathead or the china motor is simple, it is just a better motor.

Briggs and Stratton is a company owned by shareholders they do everything for profit. If they are traded because of dwindling stocks and the new shareholders get rid of Briggs racing then what. Briggs and Stratton is a failing company and the race division is an expense to them not a money maker. They are close to being a penny stock that is real.

I used to buy my wka membership proudly annually. Wka lost me when they made and are making big deals with corporations just to make sure annual salaries are paid 2008. But when it all comes down to it the corporations don't care about wka or the Karter. We the Karter did just fine the last 15 years without them wka and Briggs and Stratton. Why let them cash in on us now?

I could change my mind that is a freedom I enjoy.

Briggs and Stratton is a company owned by shareholders they do everything for profit. If they are traded because of dwindling stocks and the new shareholders get rid of Briggs racing then what. Briggs and Stratton is a failing company and the race division is an expense to them not a money maker. They are close to being a penny stock that is real.

I used to buy my wka membership proudly annually. Wka lost me when they made and are making big deals with corporations just to make sure annual salaries are paid 2008. But when it all comes down to it the corporations don't care about wka or the Karter. We the Karter did just fine the last 15 years without them wka and Briggs and Stratton. Why let them cash in on us now?

I could change my mind that is a freedom I enjoy.
Who do you think owns the Chinese engine factories? Good God fearing people who are only concerned with producing the best engine with quality parts designed for the American racers????????? Or The Red Chinese Communist who are only concerned about producing the cheapest engine on planet earth to put Americans engine mfg out of business so they can sell all of the engines to build the Chinese economy?

Who do you think owns the Chinese engine factories? Good God fearing people who are only concerned with producing the best engine with quality parts designed for the American racers????????? Or The Red Chinese Communist who are only concerned about producing the cheapest engine on planet earth to put Americans engine mfg out of business so they can sell all of the engines to build the Chinese economy?
Briggs are not manufactured in USA so stop with all that. Engine builders make power out of what ever pieces they get where ever they come from again that is how clone came about how predator got traction. Build a $120 platform manufactured in USA it would be bought. That isn't a question. Restrictions and rules drive up costs always. Always have always will. Wka handcuffed the rulebook to Briggs I guess that is the point that is missed. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice.

Not true, Briggs produced the flathead for many years after on push mowers.
Racing kit engines are exempt from EPA guidelines
Sounds like you have the Briggs excuse down pat, they quit making it because they wanted to, it wasnt for any other reason.
And no the Animal isnt better, thats why there isnt any Briggs engines on construction equipment....not reliable enough

Back