WKA Cup Camden

Chase1281

Just wondering what the count for LO206 racers is up in the Midwest. Any ideas on how many 206 entries for Camden Gold Cup?

The LO206 classes are growing rapidly up here. I know New Castle has been averaging 20 or so in their 206 class, SIRA gets about 10-15 and Circleville had about 15 in their Senior class last weekend, I think.

However, I am not sure how many the Gold Cup will pull, locally. New Castle has a club race that weekend, so I don't know if you will pull any of them. The SIRA regulars don't appear to have any interest in switching to 5 inch Bridgestones and heading over. That leaves Circleville with the next biggest 206 class. I think some of their guys have raced National events, but I wont speak for if they are heading over or not.

I know I am trying to make it over (depending on work/schedule), but would hate to get all the way over there to run against 4 guys. I would rather go to New Castle on Sunday and race in their class.

I can think of at least 7-10 guys that have told me they are coming to run 206 at Camden. The purse will def. help a few more show up! I plan on running as well,...hopefully it will be a good turn out!!

Rob Smith
Kart City Performance

LO206 TO NOW PAY $600 TO WIN AT CAMDEN GOLD CUP

CONCORD, N.C. – Support continues to pour in for the new LO206 Senior class in the WKA RLV Tuned Exhaust Products Gold Cup Series.

Two weeks ago WKA announced a $600 total purse for the LO206 Senior main event on Saturday, July 12, at the Michigan Kart Supply Nationals, round two of the Gold Cup Series at G&J Kartway in Camden, Ohio.

This week more sponsorship has been procured and the LO206 Senior division will now pay a cool $600 to the winner of the Saturday main event at Camden. The second- and third-place finishers will still earn $200 and $100, respectively.

A number of companies have stepped up to support the LO206 Senior division, which is enjoying its inaugural season in the Gold Cup Series. Backers for the class in 2014 are Kart City Performance, Briggs & Stratton Racing, Brad’s Heating & Cooling and KartKandy.com.

The LO206 division had six starters at the 2014 Gold Cup season opener at Jacksonville, and Sunday’s LO206 main, which paid $300 to the winner, was one of the best of the weekend. Numerous lead changes occurred throughout the contest and with the equality of the restricted LO206 engine package, any one of six starters had a shot to win.

Jacksonville’s Jordan Mincey ended up scoring the victory at Jacksonville, but not without serious pressure from the likes of Mike Greiner, Matt Skaggs, Michael Clark and Chase Moore.

Pre-registration remains open for the Michigan Kart Supply Nationals at Camden.

Click http://worldkarting.com/downloads/eb-2014/camden.pdf to download the pre-entry form.

Mail completed entry forms to WKA at 6051 Victory Lane; Concord, NC 28027; scan to keith@worldkarting.com or fax to 704-455-1609.

###

WKA Animal Pro Gas racing at its best!

http://www.worldkarting.com/index.p...-500-plus-purse-at-camden-gold-cup-july-11-13

Sr Pro Gas Entries at Jax race
Gary Lawson
Sean Meier
Tyler Sandmeyer
Corey Towles
Josh Stiefel
Dustin Demattia
Tanner Lee
Scott Kleman
Cayla Chapman
Matthew Horst
Jason Birdsell
Dylan Zobkiw
Mike Greiner
Douglas Schmidt
Carter Schlenke
Mike Curran
Joey Kuley
Ryan Taylor
Chris Newman
Davey Hazard
Matt Skaggs
Wiley Holcombe
Joseph Skaggs
Nic Harrington
Brad Buskirk
Matthew Kessinger
Zack Clark
Travis Manning
Joey Miller

MCP BRAKES TO SPONSOR JUNIOR RACING AT CAMDEN GOLD CUP
Three sets of brake kits to be awarded to junior divisions

DAYTON, Ohio – Martin Custom Products, Inc. (MCP), an industry leader in brakes in American karting, has come on board to sponsor the upcoming July 11-13 Michigan Kart Supply Gold Cup Nationals at G&J Kartway in Camden, Ohio.

MCP has posted three sets of #2250LW kits for round two of the 2014 RLV Gold Cup Series.

The kits include the following.

1-#875 Cast Master Cylinder
1-#1375 Cast Caliper
1-#125L 1 1/4" Lightweight Hub
1-#711.12 3/16" X 7.1" Slotted Rotor
Hi-pressure nylon tubing, 4 oz of Dot-5 Silicone fluid, hub/rotor bolts and decals.

The MCP brake kits will be awarded to feature winners in three main events Saturday, July 12 at G&J.

- Junior Pro Gas Animal 1
- Sportsman Pro Gas Animal Lite 1
- Sportsman Pro Gas Animal Heavy 1

In the case one driver sweeps both Saturday’s Sportsman Pro Gas main events, the driver who finishes second in Sportsman Pro Gas Animal Heavy, which runs later than Lite in the running order, will be awarded the brake kit. WKA and MCP want no fewer than three different drivers and teams to win the special awards.

MCP Brakes’ Brad Engle spoke about supporting the upcoming Gold Cup national.

“We like to support grassroots karting and the Gold Cup certainly promotes a more grassroots-style series and competition,” Engle said. “We’re happy to give back to the junior racers and teams and with the race so close to home here in the Dayton area, it’s a nice fit for MCP. I’m looking forward to visiting with friends and watching the 4-cycle action at G&J in a few weeks.”

MCP Brake Systems is located in Dayton, Ohio, only a short distance from G&J Kartway. Representatives from MCP will be on hand at G&J for the Gold Cup national and will deliver the awards to the track for podium presentations Saturday evening.

Pre-registration is open for the Michigan Kart Supply Nationals until Wednesday, July 2.

Anyone needing tires for this race, Mikim Motorsports the Gold Cup pole wards pole sponsor has a special of 200.00 per set (choice or rear sizes) or 350.00 per set which includes a set of VAN K wheels (black anodized Pro) with tires mounted . These will be delivered to track or add shipping if you would like them prior to the race weekend.

Mikim is an authorized Margay dealer and carries Amsoil 4T, THOR, Bridgestones.

Contact: mikimmotorsports@gmail.com or shoot me a pm with your pbone and we will call back

MIKIM MOTORSPORTS

Welcome Competition Karting Inc. as a 2014 WKA Gold Cup sponsor. CKI joins the following as supporters of the Gold Cup...

- RLV Tuned Exhaust Products
- Bridgestone
- Ionic Edge Chassis
- Michigan Kart Supply
- Van-K Wheels
- MGM Chassis
- GT Machine
- Baker Racing Engines
- Power Plus Lubricants
- Coyote Motorsports
- Razor Chassis
- Roberts Kart Shop
- Performance North
- Thor Oil
- MIKIM Motorsports
- Brad's Heating & Cooling
- KartKandy.com
- Kart City Performance
- Miller Welders
- Briggs & Stratton Racing
- Tyler / John Sandmeyer
- Gary Lawson

Thanks to all the supporters of the 2014 Gold Cup Series!!

Looks like the gold cup momentum is still building as more and more sponsors getting involved in the one of the best 4 cycle sprint racing national series in the country.
Thanks to CKI for being involved, great organization and very friendly folks at CKI! There products and support is one of the best!

Steve

Received a good amount of pre-entries this week. Several new racers and families... Looks like this will be another well attended event for the RLV Gold Cup. Hopefully we can match Jacksonville numbers. Tell your friends this great series to race! Lets keep the momentum rolling!!

We ended up with 140 pre-entries for this weekend's Michigan Kart Supply Nationals at G&J Kartway. This is up from 105 pre-entrants last year at Camden Gold Cup.

We have double-digit pre-entry counts in Sportsman Pro Gas Lite, Sportsman Pro Gas Heavy, Junior Pro Gas and Senior Pro Gas. All classes have at least four pre-entrants, including Kid Karts.

Looking forward to a great weekend of 4-cycle sprint racing at one of the most historic sprint tracks in the country! Pit gates open at noon Thursday for parking; pre-entry pickup, registration and pre-tech will be available Thursday 3 to 6pm.

Full day of practice Friday before Sportsman Pro Gas and Junior Pro Gas 10-lap Shootouts, then the Senior Pro Gas Animal Money Race.

Eleven national classes Saturday and Sunday, highlighted by $600 To Win LO206 Heavy Saturday, $600 To Win Senior Pro Gas Animal Saturday AND Sunday.

MCP Brake kits -- master cylinder, caliper, lightweight hub, slotted rotor and fluid -- to feature winners in Saturday's Sportsman Pro Gas Lite 1, Sportsman Pro Gas Heavy 1 and Junior Pro Gas 1.

Thanks to all our sponsors making this weekend possible, especially event sponsor Michigan Kart Supply, RLV Tuned Exhaust Products, Bridgestone and the staff at G&J Kartway!

We would like to thank Brad and the folks at MCP for supporting WKA Gold Cup racing and providing a great merchandise award. We'll put the brakes to good use on our next chassis. Of coarse the MCP system that's on our current chassis has been performing flawlessly since 2009 :)

Also would like to add that I thought WKA did a very good job running the show this weekend. Moved the program right along without really rushing. As always it was great to see everyone.

Darrin Tebbe
(Connor Tebbe's dad) #14

camden_0712_win.jpg

MCP BRAKES TO SPONSOR JUNIOR RACING AT CAMDEN GOLD CUP
Three sets of brake kits to be awarded to junior divisions

DAYTON, Ohio – Martin Custom Products, Inc. (MCP), an industry leader in brakes in American karting, has come on board to sponsor the upcoming July 11-13 Michigan Kart Supply Gold Cup Nationals at G&J Kartway in Camden, Ohio.

MCP has posted three sets of #2250LW kits for round two of the 2014 RLV Gold Cup Series.

The kits include the following.

1-#875 Cast Master Cylinder
1-#1375 Cast Caliper
1-#125L 1 1/4" Lightweight Hub
1-#711.12 3/16" X 7.1" Slotted Rotor
Hi-pressure nylon tubing, 4 oz of Dot-5 Silicone fluid, hub/rotor bolts and decals.

The MCP brake kits will be awarded to feature winners in three main events Saturday, July 12 at G&J.

- Junior Pro Gas Animal 1
- Sportsman Pro Gas Animal Lite 1
- Sportsman Pro Gas Animal Heavy 1

In the case one driver sweeps both Saturday’s Sportsman Pro Gas main events, the driver who finishes second in Sportsman Pro Gas Animal Heavy, which runs later than Lite in the running order, will be awarded the brake kit. WKA and MCP want no fewer than three different drivers and teams to win the special awards.

MCP Brakes’ Brad Engle spoke about supporting the upcoming Gold Cup national.

“We like to support grassroots karting and the Gold Cup certainly promotes a more grassroots-style series and competition,” Engle said. “We’re happy to give back to the junior racers and teams and with the race so close to home here in the Dayton area, it’s a nice fit for MCP. I’m looking forward to visiting with friends and watching the 4-cycle action at G&J in a few weeks.”

MCP Brake Systems is located in Dayton, Ohio, only a short distance from G&J Kartway. Representatives from MCP will be on hand at G&J for the Gold Cup national and will deliver the awards to the track for podium presentations Saturday evening.

Pre-registration is open for the Michigan Kart Supply Nationals until Wednesday, July 2.

Congrats to all Michigan Kart Supply Nationals Gold Cup winners this past weekend at G&J Kartway in Camden, Ohio!

Jason Alder x3 - Sportsman Methanol 1 & 2, Spts Pro Gas Lite 2
Gary Lawson x3 - Senior Pro Gas 1 & 2, LO206 Heavy 1
David Kalb Jr. x3 - Jr Medium 1 & 2, Junior Pro Gas 2
Matt Miller x3 - Sportsman Pro Gas Heavy 1 & 2, Spts Lite 1
Tanner Lee x2 - Animal Medium 1, Animal Heavy Mix 1
Zach Wells x2 - Junior Heavy Mix 1 & 2
Connor Tebbe - Junior Pro Gas 1
Paul Headley - Animal Medium 1
Blake Boon - Kid Kart 1
Jax Walker - Kid Kart 2
Josh Stiefel - Animal Heavy 2
Mike Greiner - LO206 Heavy 2

It was a great weekend of 4-cycle sprint racing in southwest Ohio. Thanks to all who attended and hope to see you at MRP in August!!

Back