WKA Dirt Nationals and Vega Dirt Nationals 12/28-12/30 "UAS Scott Shinn Memorial" and "WKA 2 Cycle Unlimited Fred Jackson Memorial"

Do you need a wka license to to run in just the UAS events? I have the UAS license. Have registered already and did not have to give them that.

Do you need a wka license to to run in just the UAS events? I have the UAS license. Have registered already and did not have to give them that.
This is a WKA event and we "use" the UAS rules with the blessing of Mark Bergfelt.

Fast action is from ashway in Knoxville. They have a good group of 2 cycle . The weight is to low
I understand there is conflicting paperwork regarding the weights for the Fred Jackson Memorial

These are the correct weights:

ENGINE: Air Cooled Only 100cc to 150cc

WEIGHT: 240lbs + 1lb Per CC

Please spread the word to your friends!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I will have to spend my Christmas break in Europe taking care of my mom because of her heatlh like I have the last years with the exception of the one they closed because of COVID. Yes, I do know both my friend Hoppy and the great people who race at Ashway Speedway in TN. I would do anything I could to accomodate them. Most are not light when it comes to the 100cc class. think 380 lbs would be a realistic weight for those running 100cc, though that would mean having to raise the weight for the 131 strokers for example to 410 lbs. That won't mean much to most because most of us hit that weight without added weight. In any case at 380 lbs I have been able to run faster times with my 100cc PCR on methanol than with my Sudam even with the difference in power.

Rainman might chime in he runs with them
All I know is they are allfat and old.
Weights for Fred Jackson Memorial WKA Unlimited 2 cycle:
WKA UNLIMITED (Dec 28th) Fred Jackson Memorial Race

Fast action is from ashway in Knoxville. They have a good group of 2 cycle . The weight is to low

I understand there is conflicting paperwork regarding the weights for the Fred Jackson Memorial

Last edited:
Glad the 2 stroke class is back and planning on attending but dang maybe I could have had a competitive weight when I was in 9th grade.

i think they know but they all run 100 cc so that is only 340 lb. they all are way over that. i think at asway its 375 and they are all closer to 400. 1 or 2 are still comming, 2 backed out. i am still in in uas. i had to get a differant hotel the storms wiped out the one i have always stayed in

i think they know but they all run 100 cc so that is only 340 lb. they all are way over that. i think at asway its 375 and they are all closer to 400. 1 or 2 are still comming, 2 backed out. i am still in in uas. i had to get a differant hotel the storms wiped out the one i have always stayed in
We are still working on a plan to pay the top finisher on a 100cc kart. I can understand their frustration....Wish Daytona had more time and we could run a KT100 class again. BTW I don't make the rules....so don't shoot the messanger as the saying goes...lol

Should be plenty of rooms by the track

I agree the weight needs to be 375lbs. That's what our group runs at, no problems
Its a 2 cycle class...not a kt100 class. the weights were set so a Yamaha could compete (lol) against the 131 reeds. Frankly a piston port would need to be at 280 Lbs (with driver) to have any chance....just my opinion though......I'm sure others have a different one that is better.:cool:

Back