WKA Grand Nationals - Gearing LO206

I actually have no idea, but from experience in the class I'd suggest 21/60 (2.86) to start and go from there.
Whatever your driver, shoot for that ratio and have 2 teeth on either side for the axle. You should have what you need.
We race on Summit Point Shenandoah, Summit Point Main and VIR North Course. 2.86 is a good middle starting point for all of them.
Have fun,
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Since we have ran there but not in a LO206, I would recommend starting with a 3.0. Now that Lindsay is running a LO206 and has ran one the last few races here in our series and has been fast, I went through our notes from the classes we ran then and compared them to other tracks we run and that gear ratio will be what we will start with at Kty. I hope to be able to drop a couple of teeth but that will be determined how well she gets through the corners and can carry speed.

For the record, We went from a 20/60 on Friday to a 20/59 on Saturday to a 20/58 on Sunday. Both my drivers ran 1 & 2 both days. I believe 2:00 on Saturday & 1:58 on Sunday. Next year, I plan to go with 1-2 teeth less. We were on the rev limiter just past station 1 on front straight. I do know that engaging at 3600 as many have told me to isn't fast!!! We weren't even close to that!!

Back