Wka tech vent!!!

"..how the[y] handled themselves has nothing to do with the screw up call" you are correct but! How one reacts to it has everything to do with the outcome. Has nothing to do with the out come of the part spec in question.

..so we should all just act in any manner our emotions take us and except bad behavior?? No one said that, if a dq is justified do it but not by falling back on the fact part left tech, refer to proper rule.

I totally understand being upset, so did the tech man, we talked after the guy walked away, he was waiting for him to calm down to readdress the issue - have you ever done tech? It’s quite hectic. I watched the guy take the kart away while the tech man was busy. An official popped his head in to ask about the issue. Kart is gone.. Case closed! In most cases i agree but not here tech guy totally blew it once he realized that he knew 100 % part was legal part leaving tech has does not matter.

This is a life lesson here and it was a harsh one. My advice, don"t repeat the behavior!. I can write a book on the many i have had, most all of them in my 30+ years kart racing. If your gonna stay involved with-in the tech area you should read this statement real close and digest it yourself.

Get upset - sure, its excepted but how one conducts themselves is another issue.
See: 100.1.1 conduct at events agreed but use the proper rule.

- you cannot excuse or blame it away, personal conduct on and off the track has everything to do with the word: Sportsmanship
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sportsmanship under proper rule your correct, they were not dqed for sportsmanship violation.

We need not tolerate bad behavior and your man needs to take responsibility for his actions that sealed the deal on his situation. Man up! Not my man would not know him if i stepped on him, again read your statement and digest it because yes tech needs to man up and own there screw up.

If one is unwilling or incapable of reasonable behavior in these situations that will happen at a racing event then go play someplace else! Agreed but if a tech person does not know what to do then how to handle something he creates than he should move on as well.

I try to my best of my ability to conduct myself in a civil manner and 99.9% of the racers i know do the same, it is what makes a sport enjoyable. Do mistakes happen in tech, absolutely! That is why there is a procedure to rectify it.

Guess there is a reason not everyone could be a judge.

I don't know, the guy just had his kid win the biggest race of their year, maybe ever. If it was me I'd be on a pretty amazing adrenaline high, then to go from that to less than zero--- I don't know exactly how I'd react, but I'm pretty sure I'd show my ass a little. (but there you go, I'm not too far from Texas)
So, who screwed up worse, him or the tech man? I believe that if I found something I thought was illegal, I'd check the book to make sure before ruining someone's day.
The guy broke a rule by taking his kart out of impound, but didn't the tech man sort of break a trust by making a wrong call?
But, I'd be surprised if anything get's done about it.

Just my .02

Especially once I found the forth one !!

:) good one. Guess I'm done here, said what I felt I needed to say, bad deal, and we could argue forever about fault. Both parties need to man up, and do what's right!

- sorry, I was a bit too enthusiastic. Both parties have a part but the burden of procedure is on the competitor - period.

My last lesson at Daytona, solid third, too hot into the hairpin I go into the grass. I moved along fence to reenter on the access road maximizing safely, hard charge to eighth out of some sixteen. Not till Sunday afternoon realize I was DQ for restarting. I did not restart, engine never quit but the flag people do not know difference and I did not check results and file protest within one hour of posted results - did I get upset, of course, at myself and in private. Pleaded my case to the Nth degree - no was the firm answer. PROCEEDURE was the lesson then my new dear friend as it is now. Yes tech made an error, and your friend made great effort to make sure it was unrepairable.

Neither owes the other an apology nor the prize reestablished.

Curse out my wife, your completely on your own as I quietly slip away as she rips you a new one. That is one tigress I don't provoke ;)

Beers on me..

Well, they started here last Sat. then weather was beautiful 'til Monday, then the morning fog and rain showers came in, and today I saw 85 deg.

I am gonna give you an example on how your good or bad manners can help or hurt you. Someone whose name I am not gonna say and it is not importsat anyway messes his old 2 cycle engine. That engine has a mixture of a different top and bottom end (different engines) that he thinks they don't work together and upset as he was after the mess 1st thing he names is having the right parts (bottom end from correct engine) to build it correctly. Obviosly hard to find for that old late 80s / early 90s 2 cycle engine. Even knowing it might not be the best moment I approach him because I do have exactly what he needed and belongs to an engine I nessed piston on last available size last season. Considering I am using a more modern one and nit rebuilding the old model I was gonna offer him my old parts for FREE but instead of addressing me with respect he is rude and out of control, not just upset. His loss, I was gonna give him that parts. Manners can take you very far, believe me. I do disagree with many, but I try my best not to lise control. In a race or post race having it is better to sit for a moment to calm down before doing something stupid. That is what the a... should be for.

Good Morning Race Fans,
The nerve of WKA to put a human in tech.......
If the tech official said your red kart is green and you leave tech....... You accepted the fact it is green

Attitude, Sportsmanship, Spirit and Intent are things that can not be measured by a degree wheel, tape measure, micrometer or the coat hanger. But they are things that are in the Tech manual

Rookie

Kelly Read and Walter Troup (and all fellow competitors).... I will write, sign, acknowledge and supply any help and information in regards to a letter to WKA in regards to the Flex Length Rule. As stated at the track, I am 100% with you, and all of our fellow competitors, on getting this rule and procedure rectified.

-The measuring procedure and tool used needs to be specified and consistent. I too state that I have never had flex measured in such manner or with a coat hanger.
-It is of my opinion, as I believe yours as well, that the rule needs to mimic the Minimum 15 3/4" Measurement as outlined elsewhere in the rule book for the other series.

Contact me at your convenience and I will gladly work together with you on this.

Jeff Wesell
jeffw@ghilaser.com
(262) 457-5018

(I cross posted this in the General Discussion section as well)

Back