WKC Spec Gasoline for Briggs LO206 and Clones.

ClarkSr

For those planning on attending the last two Woodbridge Kart Club events at Summit Point Main and Shenandoah circuits,
the spec gasoline for all Briggs LO206 and Clone engined classes will be Sunoco Ultra 93. This gasoline is available in the paddock pumps at both tracks.
Hope to see you there.
Clark Gaynor Sr.
WKC Board Member.

This again..

Speaking of spec fuel for 206.

For Daytona once again we are [on paper] once again forced to run an inappropriate fuel.

Per the current entry blank..
SPEC FUEL & OIL: Sunoco 110 Leaded Race Fuel is spec fuel & will be available for purchase at track. This spec fuel applies for all gasoline spec classes.

I had intended to address this during the year but failed. I am curious if the subject was addressed by the competition committee since Daytona 2017.
The meeting minutes do not reflect any conversation on the subject. I believe many of our members are interested and I for one would appreciate your input on the subject and where the competition committee stands.

You know my position on this issue Clark, I have made my point clear on this site and invite any physical proof that I am wrong. It was my intent to run
and video engine on a dyno at constant load while measuring exhaust header temperature while switching fuels without stopping or adjustments, never had a chance.

Just FYI to all participating 206 racers: There is ethanol free gasoline at RaceTrac 2451 Beville Rd, Daytona Beach. I just called them to confirm they have it available. I asked about price and she said that they don't give prices over the phone. I asked if it was less than $5.00 a gallon "Oh for sure!" she said. Apparently there are several stations that carry it and most certainly any marina has it exclusively. It is Florida, plenty of marinas to choose from. I'll be going to the RaceTrac station with an empty five gallon jug.

BTW, I have no affiliation with any fuel supplier. I just want the best for us in the Spirit and Intent within the LO206 rules.

All I did was google 'ethanol free gasoline Daytona Beach' and called this one station to affirm. You can too.

All for now...

Bernie, you will be teched by the current WKA Tech Manual, not what is stated on the entry form. Yes, there is a small error in the tech manual in that it doesn't say "94-octane maximum" under fuel for the 206 classes. We also missed 708.4.2, but that is also caught by wording in the Jan. 1, 2019 Briggs rule set page 7, note 10. The Briggs 206 rules are spelled out at the beginning of section 708 page 120 of the tech manual. And also in the description of each 206 engines class in section 350.
May I suggest to all folks who road race (or sprint race for that matter) with WKA or WKC, that when you find an error in the tech manual or an entry blank, please let us know (WKA and/or the NRRC members). This forum is a great please for discussion, but if WKA/WKC doesn't know about it, we can't fix it.
Get your suggestion to Robby Harper through WKA and see what can be done officially to pick a specific fuel "source" for the 206 classes at this event.
Have a great holiday folks, and I hope my rambling bunch of numbers helped!!!
Clark Gaynor Sr.
WKA NRRC Member; WKC Board Member. Sorry for any errors, I need more coffee!

Did I miss something here??
Before our joint KART & WKA event in August, I was told that the WKA 4-cycles could run any pump gas without ethanol that the track gas (110) was no longer the rule for these motors. I even had competitors contact me asking which stations in Topeka had 87 - 93 octane no-ethanol gas. I didn't have any issues. If I recall, it was on the WKA PIT BOARD also.

Clark brings up a VERY GOOD point!! Us racers need to contact our organizations officials ASAP if we see something isn't right or we have something for them to consider for the following year. Keep in mind that a lot of our officials are just like you & I, HUMAN!! Show me someone that says they are PERFECT (outside of me - LOL) and I say that I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!

Actually Kelly, WKA follows the Briggs 206 rules, which spells out 94 octane max unleaded readily available........
At Summit Point, VIR and I assume Roebling, Sunoco supplies fuel to the facility. In the paddock pumps there is unleaded 93, unleaded 100 and leaded 110. For our 2 cycle spec fuel classes, we use the 110 leaded race fuel with one of the approved oils. This season (2018) we used the 93 unleaded (Sunoco Ultra) as our (spec?) gasoline for the Briggs 206 and clone classes. It contains ethanol and does meet all the Briggs fuel criteria. If you folks have similar fuel availability at your tracks, it makes it very easy for your competitors to simply buy their fuel at the paddock pumps. 93 for the gas 4 stokes and the 110 for 2 strokes. I'm not worried about the ethanol issue, we all flush our carbs at the event anyway.
PS: Harper claims he's perfect too;>
Have a great holiday,
Clark Gaynor Sr.

WKA is working on the 4 stroke fuel source for Daytona as we speak...forgot to mention that.
Clark.

Attention: All class that require 87 octane (except for Kid Karts) heading for the WKA Daytona KartWeek, scheduled for December 27-30, 2018;

The spec gasoline for this event will be Sunoco 87 octane available from:

Sunoco A-Plus

2501 W. International Speedway Blvd.

Daytona Beach, Fl. 32114

386-254-8802

Open 24 hours.

Please note: use pump #1, 87 octane (there will be a WKA sticker on the pump to remind you).

Excellent, thank you!

That's the exact station I brought fuel from last year when we had that unfortunate moment of tyranny.

Thank you Dale and Clark for a speedy and wise correction on the issue!

Back