Wms tuck and run gear help

ronbush915

Im not trying to sound stupid but i bought a 2019 kart slack. It had a bunch of wms tuck and run gears i think i put them on wrong. Has run out in sprocket chain gets loose and tight. What matting surface is suppose to go together i put half circle to half circle. From previous nut makes looks like im wrong any help would be appreciated. Im new to this kart stuff i had like 2nd picView attachment 10977

Attachments

• 20200901_185132.jpg
    20200901_185132.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 25
The half circle sides go together. You should be able to read the gear size from both sides of the hub. You may have a bent hub or even a bad gear set. I had a few that got tight and loose no matter what you did to them. They are garage art now.

Last edited:
In
I had this problem a few times when I was racing. Assuming you have both halves in the right position to start. Most are marked in some way to ensure the matchup between halves.

Sprocket carrier's have a tolerance, gear center holes have a tolerance, these tolerances are designed so that any gear will fit on any carrier. Sometimes there's a gap where they fit. I used to turn the axle to a point where the chain was the tightest, I had a piece of 2 x 4, specifically recruited for this operation, which I put against the back of the chain and sprocket and gave a couple of good whacks with a hammer. This almost always solved the problem. Sounds crude, I know, but it worked.

Thanks so much i just got this kart came with sprockets someone ran wrong before me so they are worn wrong i ran small circle together and tons of runout the right way i figure they are worn bad from being run backwards thanks ron

Back