Won't start

Driftwood420

I have a 212 pred motor. It will not start. I have a spark, uncovered the valves, they are working out gas down the spark hole shot it with starting fluid. It will pop here and there when I put a drill to the crank and turn it over. What am I missing

I am in sure if you guys will get mad about this but I have mine on a rock hopper bike. I use it to go to town etc. It's my car. My last one lasted 2 years. Sort of...

I have a 212 pred motor. It will not start. I have a spark, uncovered the valves, they are working out gas down the spark hole shot it with starting fluid. It will pop here and there when I put a drill to the crank and turn it over. What am I missing
It would help to have some more background on the engine. Is it new, used and in stock form, used and modified (list modifications), how long have you had it, when's the last time it ran, etc.?

Sounds like the coil is working if you have spark. I can't make out what you're saying with the fuel, Have you removed the bowl and look around? I've seen some nasty build up in the carb with ethanol fuel that has sat for a few months. What's the condition of the air filter? If it's modified, did you check the timing or see if the flywheel slipped?

You can crank it all day with a drill and it wont start. The engine is fighting the drill, it wont kick off.
engine requires :
air , fuel , spark ,
reasonable compression (atleast to start)
good compression for performance.
look at the simple things first ;
air- is filter restricting flow
fuel- fuel filter pluged/ dirty ,
fuel pump working,
flow from tank to pump to carburetor,
carburetor dirty/restrictions internally .
spark - spark plug ( fouled , wet/ oily)
compression - vavle/s maybe open-
[set lash] or damaged, timing is off,
bad head gasket, broken piston rings,
hole in piston, scored cylinder bore .

Is the kill switch on

Back