Woodruff key

I personally never use a key. Degree wheel. Lap the crank to the flywheel. Clean thoroughly with acetone and torque the flywheel at the desired timing. Always works for me.

DD

I personally never use a key. Degree wheel. Lap the crank to the flywheel. Clean thoroughly with acetone and torque the flywheel at the desired timing. Always works for me.

DD
Other side Dan, where the timing gear goes on. It dropped and I can't find it anywhere so I thought I'd order a new one and a couple spares.

I never use a key for the flywheel either. Haven't since the 90's :)

We've always just ordered them from Briggs.
No idea of the size or availability from hardware stores, although I'm sure you could source them there and maybe a nickel cheaper.
You could always pull one out of another crank until you find the one you dropped.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

We've always just ordered them from Briggs.
No idea of the size or availability from hardware stores, although I'm sure you could source them there and maybe a nickel cheaper.
You could always pull one out of another crank until you find the one you dropped.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Found it last night. After going over the entire floor with a magnet it was laying in the block, I found it when I went to the washtub to get it in the soapy water.

Found it last night. After going over the entire floor with a magnet it was laying in the block, I found it when I went to the washtub to get it in the soapy water.
That's where I found mine. I was 95% sure it was in there but it still took a while to find it. It was in the oil drain hole.

Back