World Formula and Animal Exhaust Interchangable?

bennybigb

Hello Everyone, I am a long time 196cc Clone racer and I am finally starting to dip my toe into the Briggs racing waters.

Will an Animal Exhaust or an L206 Exhaust fit and work well on a World Formula Engine? I have a seized Animal, I wondered if I could just move it all over to the WF. I see Comet kart has a WF spec exhaust for like $200ish, I assume that is the kit I would need if I was to race in a sanctioned WF race, right now I am looking to use the WF at the regional track and our WF class is a catch all, so I don't really need the WF spec exhaust yet.

Will the exhaust gasket and the header bolts from the Animal also work on the WF? I have a new WF engine, but its the $800 engine and it has no exhaust, or exhaust gaskets or exhaust bolts, so I'm kind of stuck. Does anyone convert the exhaust to studs? I'm used to the studs from the 196cc motor on the intake and the exhaust side.

Man, lots to learn with a new platform.

Thanks everyone!

The WF exhaust port shape and position is the same as the animal.

The differences in the head is combustion chamber shape and intake port bolt arrangement. The wf uses an intake that turns the carb parallel to the exhaust. To facilitate this, the bolt pattern is rotated.

The WF exhaust port shape and position is the same as the animal.

The differences in the head is combustion chamber shape and intake port bolt arrangement. The wf uses an intake that turns the carb parallel to the exhaust. To facilitate this, the bolt pattern is rotated.
Thank you so much!

Back