World Formula Class

what i see is this motor is a dog off the corners then just when it picks up good speed its banging the rev limiter. what kind of racing is that, take the rev limiter and it might have a chance. as Gary said it did not work in the east where sprint racers did not like t

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
So I've had the lo206 with my kart for the last couple months of the season. I got a world formula now and aspire to run in the world formula class which is the big class for the older guys here. Sprint racing. One thing that does turn me off is the fact that they're not sealed engines and that for the extra three or $400 modifications can be done and then who does them and how good are they... All accumulating to one extra horsepower approximately from what I can gather...
I prefer the idea of keeping it inexpensive and leaving it to some of the simple setup stuff and your ability to drive..

Thus the LO206 Class .
WF still has a rule set .
I've already lost 25 lb in the last 3 months trying to get down to being able to make weight in the 390 world formula class.. I'm now 210 and very hungry! LOL... Probably another 5 to 7 lb to go to be able to put 10 and 1/2 lb of gear on and be close to class weight..
I would love to have just left the lo206 on and was very content with it. (Although I do like the idea of the 8-year-olds not buzzing by me LOL..)
That class weight is 360... A person my size would be literally unhealthy trying to make that class...

Buy a lighter kart. I’m 230 and go across the scales at 400

but, I agree. I stopped runnin* GoPro because I got tired o& racing with 15 year olds with 100lbs o& lead.

Buy a lighter kart. I’m 230 and go across the scales at 400

but, I agree. I stopped runnin* GoPro because I got tired o& racing with 15 year olds with 100lbs o& lead.
The world formula scene at the local track is by far the dominant class. It's mostly made up of older guys like myself... Of course what mostly fuels machine work on our engines is the fact that the one shop in town that promotes this class the most is the local machine shop for these.. so I can't see the main promoter of this class wanting to lose a large chunk of his machine work but instead sealing engines...
It leaves my cynical mind too much room to work...
Being extremely new to karting it just seems daunting to have to overcome my lack of experience my lack of setup knowledge and tuning and on top of it who knows the tricks of the machining and engine setup...
The kids that fly by me are usually just on practice days...

I get it, but it’s kind of a shame. The WF and 206 SS is a great combination class. And, they can both be sealed if needed but also can provide a genuine step up from the 206 without breaking the bank.
I have a WF and a super stock and I really like both. I just wish I could get a few more guys to commit to actually racing them. I’ve seen them on practice days. I hear about guys having them but they’d rather play smash up derby, follow the leader on a 206 when it comes time to race.

I think guys forget, the power they can create as racers. If 5,6,7, 10 guys show up on practice days with any regularity, the guys
Who run the kart track will see the interest and provide an outlet..... it’s not hard

But, it would require working together.....and racers do t do that very well.

J par
We have a WF class at the local track and it is doing very well. It is a sealed class. The only modification allowed is to remove the 7100 rev limit coil and replace with the Animal coil. I seal all motors as they come out of the box.
You could do the same!

J par
We have a WF class at the local track and it is doing very well. It is a sealed class. The only modification allowed is to remove the 7100 rev limit coil and replace with the Animal coil. I seal all motors as they come out of the box.
You could do the same!
Yes the world formula class here is the biggest class and it has most the older guys in it. Of course our local biggest sponsor of it is the local machine shop that does most of work. In particular a pretty helpful guy but again this is very self-serving as well. The rules here state that you can shave the head .020 and I think they slack out the rings a little bit and a couple other things maybe check the deck height... Not a whole lot but another $ 3-400..
it only nets like one more horsepower and I don't think it would make or break the class if everybody just sealed instead but of course that wouldn't bring in the extra revenue..
Also I try and keep in mind I'm not trying to make waves as I haven't put wheel one on the pavement with my new world formula motor let alone been in any kind of sanctioned race...
Again if there was a higher weight for the lo 206 I would have just been content with that...

I would like to start a WF class at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wi.
The gasoline powered WF makes the same HP as a blueprinted WKA methanol animal at a substantially lower price. It is very dependable and has great longevity.
It comes from Briggs with the carb, fuel pump, pull starter and air filter. It has a MAP price of $810.00 with out a clutch or electric starter. They are also available with an onboard electric starter and Titan clutch to those that want it.
It can be pull started just as easily as a LO 206 and drum clutches work just fine. The Hillard clutch works great on them but there are others that will work as well.
I will be sealing the motors.
Please contact me if you are interested.
Thanks
Well I would just like to no the w f valve spring installed height. And spring presser. Plus the open .300 full lift presser. Apearantly Briggs and Stratton r like children when it comes to specs! Compared to the American hot roding world. Drag racing!! Spells it out for the last 70 years. I saw a 900 hp 70 cuda at pir that turned it into a big sprint track 170 mph end of straight top speed. Just another big go kart!

I would like to start a WF class at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wi.
The gasoline powered WF makes the same HP as a blueprinted WKA methanol animal at a substantially lower price. It is very dependable and has great longevity.
It comes from Briggs with the carb, fuel pump, pull starter and air filter. It has a MAP price of $810.00 with out a clutch or electric starter. They are also available with an onboard electric starter and Titan clutch to those that want it.
It can be pull started just as easily as a LO 206 and drum clutches work just fine. The Hillard clutch works great on them but there are others that will work as well.
I will be sealing the motors.
Please contact me if you are interested.
Thanks
I am thinking about doing a race with Bill's program on Tuesday night next year along with my LO206 on Saturdays. Would love a long track WF class @ RA!

Back