World formula

We have been running them about 8-9months now and i've had a couple fresh ones. It sure seems like they run good for about 4-5 races, ok for another 4-5 and then its time for a another.

I haven't taken the two tired ones apart yet.

Does this sound like a case of the valves/valve job going away or more ring seal? The first one i had apart the guide was wore pretty bad.

I'm trying to get a game plan if i need to just rotate heads in every 4-5 races or if i need a complete refresh. But its obvious the motors are falling off, we had a 2 day show and friday couldn't get out of the B main, 8 or 10 races on motor. Saturday put a fresh motor on with no other changes and we spun out running 2nd in the feature.

Usually it is the valves, unless a builder was very aggressive on rings. The valve guides, exhaust valve guide in particular, have been an issue on the W/F. Using the Briggs anti-seize / valve guide lubrication and the breather kit cured the problem for me. I can't say which is the solution as I started using both at the same time. I may be able to address that more specifically in the future as the breather kit is now longer being produced.

Usually it is the valves, unless a builder was very aggressive on rings. The valve guides, exhaust valve guide in particular, have been an issue on the W/F. Using the Briggs anti-seize / valve guide lubrication and the breather kit cured the problem for me. I can't say which is the solution as I started using both at the same time. I may be able to address that more specifically in the future as the breather kit is now longer being produced.
we have the breather kit, i've not heard of the valve guide anti-seize

I suspected it was an initial assembly type lubricant .
Hey : you can't be wrong all the time .:)
Screenshot_20210714-112413_Google.jpg

We have been running them about 8-9months now and i've had a couple fresh ones. It sure seems like they run good for about 4-5 races, ok for another 4-5 and then its time for a another.

I haven't taken the two tired ones apart yet.

Does this sound like a case of the valves/valve job going away or more ring seal? The first one i had apart the guide was wore pretty bad.

I'm trying to get a game plan if i need to just rotate heads in every 4-5 races or if i need a complete refresh. But its obvious the motors are falling off, we had a 2 day show and friday couldn't get out of the B main, 8 or 10 races on motor. Saturday put a fresh motor on with no other changes and we spun out running 2nd in the feature.
I have zero experience with the WF but certainly every other 4 stroke engine used in karting the valves/guides wear before the rings. Although if your engines are losing power that quick, you want to look at your air filter program. Dirt can ruin engines very quick.

I have zero experience with the WF but certainly every other 4 stroke engine used in karting the valves/guides wear before the rings. Although if your engines are losing power that quick, you want to look at your air filter program. Dirt can ruin engines very quick.
i see zero dirt/dust going in the air filter. Motor isnt on the RR like on karts and track is rarely dry/dusty. Motors have oiled filter and pre-filter weekly. I talked to one of the larger builders for these and he told me he felt like it was a combination, and that if we got it sealed up better from the start it would likely last longer another 3-4 races.

U run stk wf cam and spring? What's the installed valve spring height and valve spring pressure? Open and seat pressure?

U run stk wf cam and spring? What's the installed valve spring height and valve spring pressure? Open and seat pressure?
To be honest i've never checked them. They have plenty of pressure for this cam and then some. Our rules say stock spring and installed height/retainers so not anything to play with

Back