World Formulas on Junior sprints

mike97760

Site Supporter
Been watching The Tulsa Shootout the past few days and the Junior Sprints caught my eye since they are sort of big go karts. By rule they must run a World Formula engine (which I am sure has pretty tight rules). Looks like no expense is spared in these cars running such big events. Does anyone know who is building these motors? Just curious if Jimbo, Brian and Stout are doing some.

There are a lot of engine builders for these engines.
Jimbo, Baker, Kart City, MCR, Scott’s, Flash, Mostek, ……. there’s more. Rules are similar to old WKA animal engine, a few are bored over to .030, milled head to .319 min , piston pop up .035…… methanol fuel. Engine rules are on web site Kids Sprint USA.
Chuck Kidwell is the engine rules director.

Questions? Contact Chuck Kidwell 317 507 5968 or email: chuckkidwell@gmail.com

Last edited:
Be careful, Mike, the rules do vary some in different areas of the country.
We just made a post on our Facebook page of a new engine we built for a customer running @ Tulsa and we have several customers who ran there this past weekend.
Getting the engines seems to be the biggest problem right now.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
jr sprint engine.jpg

Been watching The Tulsa Shootout the past few days and the Junior Sprints caught my eye since they are sort of big go karts. By rule they must run a World Formula engine (which I am sure has pretty tight rules). Looks like no expense is spared in these cars running such big events. Does anyone know who is building these motors? Just curious if Jimbo, Brian and Stout are doing some.
SRD KENT STEPHENS OUT OF CALIFORNIA HAS BEEN VERY STRONG. HIS ENGINE WON LAST YEAR AND IS DOMINANT ON THE WEST COAST

Back